Episode 5: Visiting the Burnt Future

Areion and Tails were currently charging at the squadron of mechs in order to serve as a distraction for Sonic and Princess Elise to get away

"Remember Tails, we're only going to destroy a few to grab their attention and hold them back for a while before web pull out and return to the city to meet up with Sonic and the princess."

"You got it Areion!" Tails said as he took out a capsule containing rings while flying.

"Yosh! Let's get wild!"

Music Start: Sonic the Hedgehog OST; Dusty Desert-Quicksand

Areion got to the group of as the white humanoid mechs aimed at him and opened fire, Areion darted left and right to avoid the shots. "Bladed Shadow Dance!" He speed up, leaving behind afterimages as he weaved in and out while slashing with his Hiraishin Kunai.

Another group of mechs showed up but they're red colored and had cannons on their arms, they aimed and shot rockets towards him. Areion flipped over them quickly but was surprised to see that they turned in midair and headed towards him again. Then a capsule containing rings intercepted them and got hit which released the rings inside to hit the other missiles, causing them to spark with electricity before exploding.

Areion looked up to see Tails flying above him with another capsule in his hand. "Thanks for the assist Tails."

"No problem Areion, there's more ahead of us." Tails pointed in a certain direction.

"Got it, let's go!" Areion ran towards with Tails close behind, he ran through some ruins and those crablike mechs sticking to the walls and more of those humanoid mechs aiming their guns at them, he could see some sort of cage made of blue energy behind then.

"Areion, those mechs seem to be protecting that for some reason. Maybe if we take care of them, the cage of them."

"Then let's get to it, you take care of the walk crawlers while I handle the firing squad." Tails nodded in affirmation and then charged at the crab mechs who saw him and threw their bombs, he flew up into the air to avoid the explosion then he took aim at them and threw a capsule which destroyed some of the crab mechs while the rest fell to the ground and the bits of dummy rings fell on them, damaging them further. "Score!" Tails pumped his fist in victory.

Areion ran forward and slid between the legs of one of the mechs and slammed an exploding ground trap on the ground, he jumped away and did a detonator gesture which caused the traps to explode, destroying any mechs nearby. Areion threw Chaos Bolts at them while Tails did the same with his Dummy Rings to bring them down.

They reached the edge of the ruin and there was a bottomless pit in the middle of the path. Tails flew above and called out. "Areion grab on, I'll carry you over to the other side!" Areion jumped and held onto his hands as they flew over the pit and got to the other side before Tails got too tired to continue flying.