Episode 14: Taking the Highroad and Data Diving

Up high in the cloud sky, we find Arion and the others on board Tails' biplane known as the Tornado which was used to depart from Ice Paradise in pursuit of Dr. Eggman who had been tagged by Tenga with his likely destination being the fabled Angel Island whey they're heading towards.

"I can feel the signal from the beacon pad getting stronger." Areion said from atop the top of the Tornado.

"That means we're almost at Angel Island, I'm pretty sure that it's just beyond this incoming cloud bank." Tails said.

"I've heard of a floating island but I've never seen it before, not even on television." Mina said.

"Me too, but thanks to Areion and Mr. Tails, we now have the chance to see it. I'm so excited!" Cream said with Cheese chirping in agreement.

After passing though the cloud bank, the group except for Tails were treated to a sight which they would never forget for a very long time. Ahead is a massive with tall mountains varying environments like forests, icy terrain snd more which was actually levitating in the air. Areion could sense the Chaos Energy coursing through the island like veins to which he speculated to be the reason for why the island is capable of levitation.

 Areion could sense the Chaos Energy coursing through the island like veins to which he speculated to be the reason for why the island is capable of levitation

"There's Angel Island, that's where the Master Emerald is kept and Knuckles serves as its guardian." Tails said.

"And probably what Eggman's targeting, he's over that way Tails." Areion focused on the pad and pointed at a certain direction.

"Got it." Tails turned the biplane in the direction which Areion pointed at and flew over there, soon they found themselves flying over a region full of nothing but canyons which were blanketed with clouds, though they could make out mechanisms which functions as fans and windmills of varying sizes.

" Tails turned the biplane in the direction which Areion pointed at and flew over there, soon they found themselves flying over a region full of nothing but canyons which were blanketed with clouds, though they could make out mechanisms which func...

"This is where I'm sensing the beacon pad, best we locate it from the ground in case Eggman laid out any traps for us." Areion said.

"I'll go look for Knuckles, I'm sure he'll help us out." Tails said.

"In that case, Mina-chan and Cream-chan will pair up and seek out any badniks and then free them."

"Why can't we come with you?" Mina asked, feeling a bit let down that she wouldn't be able to company the human with Cream and Cheese feeling the same way.