Episode 35: Haunt another Night

"Nicole, are you sure that this is the right way?" Lilac asked unserely.

She and the others had left the jungle for a while and Nicole navigated then through two large wooden gates to enter the area of a large medieval castle filled with many towers under a large moon in the night sky.

"It is, I am locating several signatures belonging to Eggman's robots like before. But I am getting strange interference with my system." Nicole said with a small frown.

"I guess we need to enter the castle to find out what's going on." Lilac frowned a bit, there was something missing in this conversation then realized what it was...Arion hadn't said a word since they got here. She turned to speak to the human only to see him visibly shaking with his knees knocking together and his eyes widened in fear much to Lilac's surprise "Arion, are you okay?"

"GAH!" Arion jumped a bit from the question and t it need to respond with a nervous smile "I-I-I-I-I'm okay, n-nothing for you t-to worry a-about."

Lilac wasn't easily convinced "Are you sure? I haven't seen you this scared before."

"She is correct, could have something to do with this place?" Nicole asked curiously.

"...not really." Arion replied.

"We will not be staying for long anyways, hopefully there will not be anything worrisome." Nicole said, making Arion feel a bit at ease...for now.

"O-Okay let's just hurry and find Eggman so we can get out of here." Arion said "Please let there be no ghosts, just gotta stay calm."

"Don't tell me you have still have Phasmophobia?" Emerl asked, only to get a mental whimper.

Music Start: Sonic Heroes OST; Stage 11 Hang Castle

The team with their hesitant leader dashed along a descending spiraling pathway on the outside of a tall tower and reaching where they launched off a dash ramp to fly in the air to land before closed wooden doors behind guarded three Egg Pawns, there were about to attack them when something suddenly appeared out of thin air before the team which surprised the two and terrified the third.

"AAAAAAAAGGGHHH! OBAKE!" Arion screamed with blank white eyes at the sight of what appears you be an ethereal being with a jack-o-lantern for a head and a black cape.