Episode 41: Turn up the Heat!

Areion looked was currently in the waiting room and meditating deeply to calm himself down for the incoming battle, he had taken off the ECB-X wristbands and instead wore the heavy weights Tails and Rotor made for him around his wrists. The human inhaled and exhaled deeply before opening his eyes to reveal the Mind's Eyes before deactivating once he blinked before shifting form the cross-legged position to sitting on the side of the bed.

"Still feeling nervous?" Emerl asked.

"Only a little, I'm now mostly excited, I can tell that each and every one of the competitors are no doubt strong and I really want to compare the levels of over between myself and them." Areion said with his eyes glowing which the Gizoid mirrored "Oh that reminds me, what did I get from copying Metal?"

"Oh yeah him." Emerl cracked his fingers before typing on the keyboard to bring up sprites Metal Sonic, Neo Metal Sonic, Metal Madness, and Metal Overlord "Let's see, since you replicated Metal in his Overlord form, you also replicated all of his powers like the Black Shield, claws, telescopic limbs, crystal and plasma powers, and you can predict Sonic's movements, but you need your armor for the Plasma Pulse, Ring Spark Field, and V. Maximum Overdrive, the last two are really risky, and might make the suit malfunction." the the screen showed sprites of Espio, Charmy, Omega, and Big "You even have the powers of the one he copied too."

"That many powers? Nice, and I just had to copy one robot!" Areion pumped his fist.

"I know! So what will you do before being called out for your match?"

"I recall that there are two rooms where the competitors can meet up and socialize, pretty sure that some of them are already there so I'll go to the one on my side since the other is on the other side of the building." Areion replied.

"Alright then, let's go say hi to some familiar faces."

Areion nodded in affirmation and got off the bed the left the room before making his room through the hallways and following the signs till he arrived at his destination where he saw that the others are already there. Namely Natsu, Vector, Lilac, Sonic, Bunnie, Espio, and Honey. They all turned to see him enter and called out to him.

"I was wondering when you were going to show up." Sonic said with a grin.

"I was doing some meditation to calm my nerves before the upcoming battles." Areion replied.

"Wise decision to remove a sort of tension from the body." Espio said as he leant back against the wall with eyes closed.

"Not me, I'm all fired up for our match!" Natsu said with a look of excitement.

"Same here!" Areion grinned at the thought of it.

"Before that, the match between Rouge and Killua is about to start." Bunnie said, getting everyone to turn towards the large TV screen which was seen broadcasting the match live.

_______________________________________________________
[Ladies and gentlemen, the match between Killua Zoldyck and Rouge the Bat is about to go underway. We will now change the them of the arena.] Scratch said before pressing a button on a remote.

The entire arena including the borderlines suddenly shimmered as the hologram  features were activated and the arena features many neon lights especially one that resembles a green Chaos Emerald with the bars around being neon versions of giant playing cards while background was made to feature a roulette table and slot machine which seems to never stop spinning.