Episode 67: A Push too far

Sonic was currently sleeping peacefully inside of his sleeping Bach when he heard something taping the force field that was protecting them from any possible attacks from Eggman's forces. He raised his head and was surprised to see Shadow the Hedgehog tapping against the forcefield.

"Wake up, blue hedgehog. We need to talk." Shadow said

Sonic got up with a yawn and walked over to talk to his fellow speedster "Evening faker, come to join the invasion?"

Shadow crossed his arms and shook his head in response "Other way around, Actually. Rouge and I are on a support mission, I thought you'd want in."

"Sounds cool, let me wake the others and we'll go."

The black hedgehog was quick to refute "No, it's a surgical strike. I'd prefer that you come along with that human as well."

"Oh, exclusive invitations, huh? I can work with that. Let me wake him up and we'll be off." Sonic said.

"No need, I'm already up." A voice spoke up, getting them to turn and see Areion standing up behind them whilst yawning a bit "I sensed Shadow's energy approaching which woke me up and I heard what you're talking about."

"Seeing that everyone's good to go, hang in a sec and we'll be right with ya!" Sonic performed a Spin Dash to burrow underground and emerging in the other side of the force field with Areion following after him "Alright, where's the party?"

"Rouge is waiting at the rendezvous point, three clicks to the northeast. It's large converted observatory." Shadow replied while pointing northeast.

"Cool, race ya both!" Sonic took off at highspeed before Areion and Sahdow could say a word as they gave off blank looks.

"Cool, race ya both!" Sonic took off  at highspeed before Areion and Sahdow could say a word as they gave off blank looks

"*sigh* always the impatient one, didn't even give a signal for a start." Areion rubbed the side of his head and Shadow simply smirked in amusement befor they after him:

Soon enough, Sonic arrived at the outskirts of the observatory where he saw Rouge leaning against a large level of debris with the female Mobian bat smiling upon seeing him arrive.

"Hey there, Big Blue. Long time to see." Rouge saidZ

"Right back at ya." Sonic turned to look at the observatory "Leave it to the doc to turn a telescope into a killer-ray-shooter-thing."

"A high-grade one at that." Rouge added as her smile fell "As best I can tell, this thing will vaporize your forcefield, your camp, and half of the Egg Dome itself."

Sonic quirked en eyebrow at that "You sure? That seems a bit over the top, even for Robotnik."

Shadow skidded to a stop next to them with Areion behind him "Not anymore...We believe the doctor is losing his last hold on reality. This is but one more piece of evidence."

"Nice of you two to show up. Got lost."

"You had head start."

"And I thing you're off, Faker. Eggman's a few chips shy off the motherboard, but he's not that far gone." Sonic said skeptically.