Episode 21: Taking it to the Skies

Later that night, Areion and the others had followed Mayor Zao to the City Hall and were escorted to the dining room where they sat at the banquet table for the serving robots to approach and delicer trays of food for the invited guests mayor.

"Don't worry abut taking turns! I'm sure you must be hungry, so have it!" Mayor Zao said cheerfully.

"SUSHI!" the girls called out happily at the sight of their favorite dish before chomping down on it.

"I always believed that ramen exists in all tanks and this is the proof." Areion slurped down the bowl of noodles and broth very quickly "Seconds!"

"That explains why you have the scent of it all over you." Carol said teasingly.

Areion puffed his chest with pride "Just goes to show that my special ramen diet is truly paying off." then resumed on his third ramen bowl as Lilac and the others giggled at him.

"So what's that giant head on the wall over there?" Torque asked.

"It appears to be a dragon's head." Nicole said as they looked at the large bronze ornament on the wall behind them.

Mayor Zao smiled proudly "That's the pride of my collection! An ancient statue molded after the dragons of the Before Time."

"What's special about them compared to, y'know, someone like Lilac?" Torque asked curiously.

The mayor looked rather surprised at the question "What special? Hah! Did you come from another planet or something?" that question led to Areion and Lilac choking down on their food so the Chao quickly patted their backs to have them swallow properly.

"Sorry about that, our food went down funny." Lilac said apologetically.

Zao nodded and continued with his story "Long ago, a magnificent creature soared across Avalice in a ball of fire. When it landed, out ancestors were captivated by its power and beauty they built three kingdoms in its honor."

"Which are Shang Mu, Shang Tu, and Shuigang right?" Torque asked.

"Bingo! And when the cities were built, the dragon transformed into the legendary Kingdom Stone we know and love today." then Zao frown at his next system "The same stone that was heartlessly yanked away from me!"

"Well you took it first." Carol spoke with food still in her mouth.

"Carol, manners!" Lilac spoke in a scolding manner.

"Sorry..."

"But why did you take it? And why now?"

Mayor Zao looked away sheepishly "Shang Mu is on the brink of an energy crisis. With the stone in our hands, we could have solved it over night!"

"Well that worked out well..." Carol muttered.

"I don't think this 'energy crisis' of yours is an accident. I think it's deliberate, and I think we know who is responsible." Torque said.

"You do?" Zao asked confusedly.

"Yeah, and this person is one who's really behind the theft of the Kingdom Stone." Areion said while eating his bowl of ramen.

"Indeed, the Prince must be assisting him in his endeavors without any of the leaders suspecting a thing." Nicole said.

"Could you tell me more about this fiend?"

"Of course." Then Torque proceeded to tell the mayor about what's going on.
___________________________________________________