Check up

"Katniss, I'm leaving now." I hear peeta whisper in my ear making me wake.

"Peeta you should of got me up, I could of helped." I say starting to sit up.

Peeta stops me placing his hands on my shoulders carefully laying me down.

"Shh it's all sorted now, just stay in bed and rest." he says kissing my forehead.

He pulls the covers further up my body tucking me in before standing up.

"Peeta." I say as he stops by the doorway.

"Yeah?" He asks turning around.

"Thank you and I love you." I say managing a smile.

"Anything for you and I love you too." he replies with a wide smile before blowing a kiss and leaving.

He slowly closes the door and I hear his footsteps fading as he moves further away.

I hear willow and Noah before its silence and I know they have left.

Just to check I stand up and slowly walk to the window to see Peeta pushing the double pushchair with a smile on his face.

Always happy with he's with his children.

I decide to take a quick shower to freshen up and get ready for the day.

I grab the phone and dial the number waiting for it to ring.

"Hello." the woman asks after 3 rings.

"Hi it's katniss Mellark and I was wondering if I could book an appointment?" I ask nicely.

"Of course, any day in particular?" She wonders.

"Is there any free times for today?" I ask hopefully.

If I am pregnant, Id rather know sooner than later.

"There's a free at 11.15" she states and I check the clock.

10.50 plenty of time.

"That's prefect." I say thankfully.

"Okay Mrs Mellark, we will see you soon." she answers before the line goes dead.

I grab my coat an shoes and leave the house deciding to take a slow walk.

"Off somewhere sweetheart?" I hear a voice which I know belongs to haymitch.

"Erm um to the shop." I say incase he tells Peeta.

"When your so sick, you can't even move out of bed." he says cutting me off guard.

"Who said I was sick?" I ask pretending to be confused.

"Bread boy did when he came past with the little ones earlier." he smirks leaning against the doorway off his house.

"Oh okay, well I'm better now." I say starting to walk away.

"Your knocked up aren't ha sweetheart?" He shouts and I turn around putting my finger to my lips.

"Haymich be quiet, I don't know yet. Listen I'm off to the doctors now to find out, just don't say anything to Peeta." I say calmly.

"Sure sweetheart, good luck." he grins.

"Thanks, I better go im going to be late." I say waving bye.

I arrive at the doctors and walk over to the lady at the desk.

"Katniss Mellark." I say and she looks up and smiles.

"Just take a seat and wait for your name to be called." she says cheerfully.

I take a seat and after what seems like hours I hear my name.

I stand up and slowly walk to the doctors room and walk inside.

"Good morning Mrs Mellark." she smiles. "take a seat." she continues.

"Morning and just katniss is okay." I answer politely.

"Of course, now what seems to be the problem?" She wonders taking out what looks like a note pad.

"Well early this morning, I woke up really sick, I've had a killer headache and I've been wanting to eat really strange food." I say watching as she takes notes.

"Okay katniss, i think your pregnant but just to be sure, pee on this stick." she smiles pointing at the bathroom.

I take the stick out of her hand and walk into the bathroom closing the door behind me.

I pee on the little stick and wait for the results.

+

I'm pregnant.

I look to see 4 weeks come up on the tiny stick.

I leave the bathroom and show the doctor the stick

"Congrats Mrs Mellark, you are 4 weeks pregnant." she smiles.

I take a moment to take it all in looking down at the stick with the little + sign on.

It's only minutes when u feel a smile making a way onto my face.

I'm pregnant.