Chips and ice cream

We arrive at the home we are staying in that Annie rented out for us.

It's kind of like a hotel except its only the size of a home but a big home.

But it still has all the amazing things that a hotel would have.

When we walk inside we look around in awe because it's a beautiful place.

I leave my suitcase by the door and walk over to the window and I'm speechless by what I see.

It's the most beautiful beach ever and the most beautiful view that everyone can have.

It's nearly as good as the meadow where all the wonderful flowers are.

The meadow is also the place we got married so it's very important to me.

District 4 is a wonderful place for Finn to grow up and I can tell this week is going to be amazing.

I fell Peetas arms snake around waist.

"Wow this place is amazing." he says placing his head on my shoulder.

"I know, have you see the view?" I ask but I get no answer.

I turn to see Peeta starting at me.

"Peeta?" I ask in wonder. "look at the view." I say still looking at him.

"I am looking at the view and it's beautiful." he answers staring into my eyes.

I'm confused at first but once I realise to what he's getting at I start to blush.

"I'm talking about the beach." I say looking away from him hoping my face will return to normal colour.

"Why bother about the beach when I've got you here." he whispers in my ear making me shiver.

I turn around to face him and after a few seconds of taking in his features I lean into him.

He meets me half way and our lips connect in front of the wonderful view.

Once we pull away to breath we just continue staring at each other until my stomach ruined it.

"Are you hungry?" Peeta asks giggling.

"Maybeeeeeee." I answer smiling.

"Well its long since you had breakfast but it is nearly dinner so il make you something." he says.

"Okay.... actually why don't you help me unpack and we will get some chips at the beach?" I ask hopefully.

"Whatever you want my dear." Peeta answers smiling.

We carry the suitcases upstairs and unpack everything we brought.

Peeta puts his clothes in the draws next to his side of the bed and I do the same to mine.

I took our toothbrushes to the sink in the bathroom and came out to see Peeta sitting comfortably on the bed.

"You ready?" he asks standing up.

"Yeah ready." i answer as we walk downstairs together.

We don't put on coats because it's really warm outside.

It doesn't take long to get to the beach since were staying right next to it.

We walk hand in hand to the chippy and get a bag of chips to share but I think I eat most of them.

We sit down on a chair enjoying the view of the ocean and eating what's left of the chips.

We don't get these type of chips in district 12 so there really nice to enjoy since I probably won't have them again for a while.

Once we have finished I put the empty bag in the bin besides me.

"Can we come to the beach tomorrow to go in the water?" I ask Peeta as I lean against him.

"Of course but I don't really know how to swim." he answers unsurely.

"That doesn't matter, I can easily teach you." I tell him hoping to convince him.

"Are you sure you won't let me drown?" Peeta asks but I know he's winding me up.

He knows that I wouldn't ever let him drown and I wouldn't do anything to hurt him.

"I promise I won't." I say pulling out my pinky and wrapping it around his making him laugh.

"Your so cute." he tells me pinching my cheeks.

"No your so cute." I answer telling the truth because he is.

"No your the cutest." Peeta says trying to win.

"Nope. I don't think so, your the cute one her-" I say my sentence getting interrupted.

"Your both adorable now will you shut up?" a angry looking man shouts over to us.

Peeta and me both look at each other and start laughing uncontrollably.

"Well someone's moody." Peeta says making me laugh even more.

We look over to the man and apologise but he just turns away from us.

Wow someone needs to get a girlfriend.....

"Do you want to get some ice cream and head back?" Peeta asks once we both calm down.

"Yes please." I say kind of loudly like a kid and earn an annoyed look from the same grumpy man.

"What's your problem?" I shout over to the man who's not far away from us.

"Do you want to fight? just stop shouting." the man asks making me speechless.

A man wants to fight me? how nice.

He obversely doesn't know that I'm katniss everdeen well now Mellark and I'm very good with a bow and arrow.

"Touch her and you will have me to deal with." Peeta says stepping in front of me then he pulls me away from the man.

"Thanks." I say to Peeta as we arrive at the ice cream stand.

"I'm here to protect you, I'm not gonna let some random, angry, funny looking man hurt you." Peeta says making me smile.

"I want to protect you aswell you know?" I say to Peeta wanting him to know I'm there for him.

"I know, you already to protect me." he answers kissing my forehead.

Peeta hands me a chocolate ice cream which is my favourite and gets one for himself.

We hold hands as we start walking back to our house for the week.

"Well the first day has been eventful." Peeta says making me smile.

"Hasn't it just." I answer as we walk together licking our ice creams.

Happy in each other's company.