Marry me?

Later in the day about 7.45 Peeta tells me it's time for dinner.

I tell him that I'm going to take a quick shower. I wash my hair and put on some clean clothes.

I grab my brush and walk back into the bathroom and stare into the mirror as I brush my hair and put it into its normal braid.

I walk downstairs slowly snd hear that Greasy Sae is here with her granddaughter. I became really close to her after the rebellion. She really helped me and Peeta loads to getting back onto our feet again.

She cooked dinner and all four of us ate together talking about my mother, Gale and just life in general.

When we finish everybody leaves and Peeta goes to check on Haymitch.

Normally I would go with him but I feel a little tired.

Peetas pov:

I walk to Haymitch's house. My feet moving swiftly through the grass in the victors village. I don't even knock I just walk inside.

Haymitch is sitting at his dinner table, with a bottle of white liquor in his hand. I'm not surprised at all, it's what he always drinks!

I sit across from him at the table and say "So Haymitch, I've got some news."

"What do you want?" He asked annoyed

"I'm pretty sure I'm going to ask katniss to marry me. For real this time." I say looking down at the table.

"Well, well, well. When do you plan on asking?" he askes interested.

"I think I will tonight but I feel nervous about it. I'm going to take her to the lake and ask her there."

"Don't be nervous kid, she loves you! she's not going to say no." he says making me feel 100% better.

"Okay thanks Haymitch! I better get going." I say standing up.

"Good luck boy" I hear him mumble as I leave through the front door.

Katniss pov:

Peeta arrives back home about 10 minutes later. I ask him how Haymitch is and he replies fine.

"Katniss do you want to have a walk down the the lake?" he asked sweetly.

"Of course we haven't been there what what seems like forever." I answer back excited.

We head out the door and walk hand in hand down to the lake that I love the most.

We sit down on the grass just as the sunset arrives with all if it's amazing colours.

I place my head on Peetas shoulder and he seems kind of tense.

"Peeta are you okay?" I ask turning my head away from the beautiful colours to look at him.

"Yeah I'm fine, actually I wanted to ask you something." he says standing up as he pulls me up aswell.

I'm about to ask him what when he goes down onto one knee.

"Katniss, I have loved you since we we're both 5 years old and I still love you just as much today. We have been through everything together and I can't think about living with anybody but you. When I see you I get butterfly's in my stomach but much stronger ones when I kiss you. I promise to love you always and protect you forever! Katniss Everdeen will you do me the great honour of becoming Katniss Mellark and becoming my wife?"