Not far away

"I'm going to miss them so so much." Peeta huffs looking down at the small pups.

"I know but we will see them all the time, they aren't moving far." I answer honestly.

It's two weeks today since the four pups were born and it only seems like yesterday.

It may sound stupid but when they were born, it bought it all back to when I had my own.

I still can't believe that me and Peeta didn't know Gus was a girl.

Never mind pregnant.

I hear a knock on the door and I know our company has arrived.

"Il get that." I smile before leaving the living room.

I answer the door to see Johanna, Gale, Annie, Finn, Haymitch and Effie and my mom.

"Come on in guys." I happily say before they all enter.

They rush to the living took and all awe at how cute the puppies are.

Me and Peeta have decide to give each pup to one of our friends and my mom.

We know we couldn't manage looking after them all by our selfs.

On the other hand we didn't want to give them away randomly so this way, Gus will be able to see them often.

"Is everyone ready?" Peeta asks with a wide smile.

"YEAH!" Finn shouts before anyone else gets the chance.

We all laugh as Peeta bends down to pick up one of the boys.

"This one is for Finn and Annie, he was born first." Peeta says before carefully placing the oldest boy into Annie's hands.

"Thank you so much, look Finn, look how small he is." she says before Finn jumps up to give me and Peeta a hug.

"Thanks uncle Peeta and auntie katniss." he says happily.

"That's quite alright little man." I answer as he rushes off to his new little friend.

"Next boy is for Johanna and Gale." Peeta says picking down the equally small pup.

"Thanks man, he's cute." Gale smiles before petting the puppy.

"This little beauty is for Haymitch and Effie." Peeta says picking up the oldest girl.

"I'm so happy, I though Gus was cute but she's better." Haymitch says rather loudly.

"She's cute isn't she, I just can't wait to dress her up." Effie says as everyone gives her a look.

"Only joking." she continues gaining a laugh throughout the room.

"And finally." I say bending down to get the youngest puppy.

"This little girl is for you mom." I say carefully placing her into my mothers arms.

"She's perfect katniss, thank you darling." she says thankfully showing me a smile.

Willow walks over patting Peeta on the leg.

"Gus alone?" She wonders making Peeta smile.

"Gus isn't alone, she has us and she will see her babies all the time." Peeta reassures her.

Willow smiles happily at the answer before going off to play with her sister, brothers and Finn.

"Hey man? How could you not tell your dog was a girl?" Gale asks Peeta with a laugh

"Hey katniss should have noticed! She was the one who bought her for my birthday." Peeta says in defence.

"Hey that's what the pet show owner said so I'm completely innocent." I say putting my arms up.

"We're going to have to keep an eye on her though." Peeta says wrapping his arm around my waist.

"And whys that?" I wonder resting my head on his chest.

"Incase she gets knocked up again really soon." Peeta says before Johanna speaks.

"Well that didn't stop you and katniss, Noah and Willow had only just turned 2 when she was knocked up again." she says making my eyes pop out my head.

"Let's not go too far with this." I say trying to change the subject.

Johanna looks at me with a smirk and I can tell she wants to say more.

I decide to speak again before she gets the chance to.

"So who wants sandwiches?" I question loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Me please." The kids shout giving me an excuse to leave the living room to go in the kitchen.

That was close.

I sure enough don't want to talk about my sex life right in front of my mom.

That'd be more than awkward.

Especially the things Johanna would say.

I'd never be able to look my mom in the eye again.......

So guys I'm so sad to say school starts again tomorrow.

I've got a tough few weeks coming up with a science and English exam but I promise I'll update when I can.

Year 10 is a rough year so I've got no idea how bad next year is going to play out.

I hope you all understand.