Cakes

"Mommy." I hear a small voice shout making me open my eyes.

I see willow standing beside my bed smiling.

I lean on the bed to see Peetas gone.

He must be downstairs.

I scoop up willow in my arms and wrap the blanket around her.

"I wonder where daddy is." I say stroking her dark hair that matches mine.

"Daddy's here." I hear the familiar voice of my husband.

I look up to see peeta standing with a tray that contains toast, scrambled egg and a drink of juice.

He also has a hold of noah which surprised me.

I have no idea how he managed to hold everything without falling or dropping it on the stairs.

"Aw you didn't have to." I say as he places the tray down next to me.

"I wanted to because I think you deserve it." he says sweetly.

He sits back in bed besides me and I look at him confused.

"You not gonna eat? And willow and Noah?." I ask picking up some toast.

"We have already eaten." he smiles.

"What time did you get up?" I wonder.

"Willow and Noah were both up at 8.30 so I took them downstairs to eat." he replies making me feel bad.

"You should I woken me." I say letting Noah have a bite who seems hungry.

"You needed the rest." he says and I decide to leave it there.

I finish my breakfast and peeta takes the tray downstairs as I carry Noah and willow.

It's a little harder to carry them downstairs since they move around a lot but I manage it.

"So you want to tell me what your idea was?." Peeta asks wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Yeah I thought that we could maybe make cakes with the babies?." I ask hopefully.

"I think that's a wonderful idea." he says pecking my lips.

Imminently we take out the ingredients and get ready to bake.

We take turns and let willow and Noah have a go even though they don't understand what we're doing.

Once all the cake mixture is ready we put it into some cake liners.

We then put them into a cake tray and put them into the oven to bake.

Peeta sets the timer as willow and Noah make their way over to the oven to watch.

"I enjoyed that." peeta whispers sliding his arm around my back.

"I think willow and Noah did aswell." I say looking at them.

"I think they need cleaning." peeta laughs when he sees flour and everything else around their face.

I pick up willow and peeta gets Noah and we place them in their highchairs.

I grab a baby wipe and hand one to peeta.

"I think we may more than one." peeta says giving me a look.

"Goodness they are messier than us" I smirk.

"Remember that time we had a flour fight." peeta says making me laugh.

"That was fun." I say turning to put Willows dirty wipe in the bin.

When I turn around I am met with a face full of flour.

Within seconds peeta is laughing his head off and is nearly falling on the floor.

"Do you think this is funny?" I ask trying not to laugh myself.

"Yeah." peeta says after taking a huge breath.

Without thinking I grab a egg off the counter and smash it on the top of his head.

Now it's my turn to laugh without no control on stopping.

Before I know it we are having a full on food fight in the middle of the kitchen.

It's only when I head willow and Noah laugh that i remember they are here.

"Peeta stop." I say out of breath.

"Why? Oh" he says following my gaze to our children who are messier than before.

"We are setting a bad example." I say but I can't help but laugh making peeta join in.

"They won't remember." peeta says giving my cheek a peck.

We suddenly hear the door bell go and I go to answer it.

"Katniss! Forgetting something?" peeta whisper-shouts looking me up and down.

"Its fine, it will only be Haymich." I say nodding my head.

I walk to the door and open it seeing the one person I least expected.

Oooo who's at the door?

9 days until Mockingjay! I'm so excited.