Baby shower

"Katniss." I hear Peetas excited voice as he rushes down the stairs.

"What's up?" I ask looking up from the sofa.

"I think I got the girls name worked out." He answers sitting down next to me.

"Well lucky for you, I've got an idea for the boy." I smile.

"So do you what to hear it?" He asks trapping my leg.

"Go on then your first, then il tell you mine." I say honestly.

"So what do you think about willow Mellark?" he asks.

"Peeta that's beautiful, I love it but I've also got a middle name figured out" I say smiling.

Wow Peeta has a really good name taste.

Willow is the most beautiful name I've ever heard.

"Well I was thinking of one but I wasn't sure." he says looking at me.

"What was it?" I ask wanting to know.

"I was thinking Rose, you know after Primrose." he says

By the way he is talking I know he is trying not to upset me.

I know Prim should be here will us, helping us. she would of been the best auntie ever.

"I think that's wonderful." I tell Peeta honestly making him sigh.

He finally lets his face curve into a smile like he's glad I was okay with it.

"I don't want to upset you." he says stroking my cheek.

"You don't, I think it's really nice that you thought of her." I say holding his hand in place.

"So do you want to hear mine?" I ask unsurely.

I don't even think mine compares to what Peeta has though of.

"I was thinking Noah Rye Mellark." I say.

As soon as the name has left my mouth Peeta is smiling.

"Katniss, I love it and I especially love the rye part." He smiles bringing me into a kiss

"I just thought we should keep the bread in the family." I smile once we pull away.

"That's a good idea." he replies.

Before we can say anything else I hear a knock in the door.

Confused to who it could be, I slowly pull myself of the sofa.

I'm now 7 months pregnant having regular doctors appointments to check on the babies.

Since I'm having twins I'm quite big but I can still walk well waddle.

Peeta has started the nursery but I'm not allowed to see that yet.

I walk to the door with Peeta walking slowly behind me.

I open it and get the surprise of my life.

Annie, Finn, Johanna, Haymich, Effie, me prep team and even my mom is standing outside the door.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask still speechless.

"You haven't told her?" Johanna asks looking at Peeta who's now standing next to me.

"Haven't told me what?" I question looking at my smiling husband.

"I decide to organise a baby shower for you." he says making me happy.

"You did all this for me?" I ask still speechless.

"Anything for you." he replies pulling me into a kiss.

"Enough of that lover boy we just got here." Johanna says making everyone laugh.

We invite them all in and Peeta brings out food for people to eat.

Gus rushes down the stairs as soon as he hears we have company.

For only been a pup he really likes meeting new people.

Everyone strokes him and gushes over how cute he is.

Within minutes he's best friends with Finn and they are playing together on the floor.

"You didn't have to get me anything." I tell everyone who has all handed me a present.

"Peeta told us not to but we insisted." my mom smiles.

"Wow katniss you certainly are glowing." Effie says smiling at me.

"Thank you, I don't feel like it." I say honestly.

Peeta has his arm around me and as soon as his hand touches my stomach I feel small kicks.

Peeta looks at me and smiles making everyone curious.

"The babies are kicking." I say.

Not long late Annie is over asking for a feel making me smile.

I'm even surprised when Johanna asks if she can feel.

"Do you have any makes pick out for the little ones?" Haymitch asks making every one else nod.

"We have but katniss and I have decided to wait until the birth before we tell everyone." Peeta answers rubbing my side.

I feel a small hand touch my stomach and I look down to see Finn smiling.

"That's funny." he says once the babies kick where is hand is placed.

"Can I play with your babies?" Finn asks looking at me and Peeta.

"As soon as they are big enough you can play all the time." I say making Finn smile.

We spend the rest of the evening talking about baby things.

Of corse Peeta takes the presents upstairs so that I can't see the room.

He's not even giving me any hints so I'm really excited to see it.

Sadly My prep team an Effie leave since they have jobs in the Capitol.

My mom leaves since she works in the hospital but she told me she has some good news that she will tell me really soon.

She and Effie also said they would be back for my babies birth.

Annie and Johanna are staying over night since Finn is already sleeping on the floor.

Once Haymich has finished eating all the chocolate cake he soon leaves to go home and rest.

Annie takes Finn to the spare room in our house and Johanna makes her way to the other.

Me and my love make our way up to our bedroom with Gus following behind us.

"I guess you can stay with us tonight." I smile picking Gus up.

He snuggles up in-between me and Peeta and soon falls asleep.

After an exhausting day I'm soon fast asleep in my loving husbands arms.

I can't wait until my babies are born.

So I'm back to school tomorrow 😭

I'm going into year 10 so I'm probably gonna have a lot of homework this year.

I'm still going to update as much as possible but I probably won't be updating everyday.

Noah got 6 votes and Rye got 5 so it was so close but since I liked Rye and it is a bread I decided to use it anyway.

So the twins names are officially:

💙 Willow Rose Mellark.

💙 Noah Rye Mellark.