Part 4

The horse galloped onto the pavements of Athrolila. The hooves echoing down the city streets as dawn cracked over the ocean horizon. The castle in the distance.

The city silent as little to no one stirred. Those who did notice her presence bowed.

She lead the horse up to the castle gates. Through the city as the sun began to rise. More and more people began coming out of their homes and seeing a girl in a blue dress, with a pitch black horse leading it up to the castle. They knew that the girl in the torn dress, bloodied and bruised was their princess. The future ruler of their kingdom.

The sun had reached the middle of the sky as she climbed up the hill, to where the castle sat. The gates were black and guarded by soldiers. 

"Halt" One of the soldiers said.

The girl whipped her face around to meet the man in his eyes. The man's face dropped and he lowered himself into a bow.

The gates then slowly opened to the castle. 

"Tell them that the Princess is home" She looked straight onto the castle, and walked forward.

The Princess met a man at the doors of the castle. The Princess handed him the horses reins and the man lead the horse away.

The other soldiers bowed and opened the door. The Princess straightened her torn dress and inhaled the fresh air.

She strutted down the hallway of the palace. To the throne room.

The white marbled floor in the throne room reminded her off the castle in Eramancalan. She reminded herself of the screams she brought to the wives' of the nobles lips' when their husbands' head rolled onto the white floor. It reminded her so much of that place. The music . the lights. All until she was forced onto her knees when the knights found her. The girl from Athrolila.

Eramadarins hated the Athrolilayrins. Hated her people, her culture, her ways. All the princess wanted was peace. Eramada did not want that. They slaughtered many of her people. Sent some to work endlessly in their construction of the boarder walls. She hated the royal family especially. Who they were and what they stood for. 

What lurked in the shadows of their kingdom was soon to be her. The traitor, the snitch. The assassin that would bring joy to Athrolila. and Eramada to their knees. They were horrible rulers and She was to end the war. The war that her soldiers and warriors where dying on. For the sake of her people and her Kingdom. She was to kill the King and his court. Then Athrolila would storm the city and free their people. Live as one nation in the continent. Not as Eramada but as Athrolila.

They had forced her onto her cut knees and held her there, in front of the noble crowd of the rich and talented. Embarrassed her. Little did they know, that they put more fire into the soul of Athrolila's Princess. She killed the king. And She would gladly do it again.

"Princess Evelynn Athreas of Athrolila" 

Evelynn stepped into the throne room and stood upon her father and mother.

The King, her father raised an eyebrow at her. "Did you do it?" He questioned leaning forward on the blue and sliver chair. Her mother closed her fan and sat up straight. Both of them intrigued in their daughter. More of what rested in her hands.

"Yes, father" Evelynn said dropping the green and gold knife that she found in the room that she escaped from.

It scattered onto the marble tiles. Bringing back the memories that taunted her mind. The thought of rolling heads on the ballroom floor in Eramada. The screams. 

Similar to the screams of her people. When Eramada crossed the boarders and took the neighboring towns, for themselves. She shoved the memories deeper and looked up at her father. The knife she could see sitting about 6 feet from his feet. 

"Good" He said blankly.

Evelynn drew a deep breath then parted her lips as she was about to speak. Her mouth dry and voice about to break.

"How about the New King?" Her mother whispered. Evelynn closed her lips.

"Evelynn and I spoke in private. She will attend the next ball as one of the King's bachelorettes and compete with the noble's daughters for the hand of the King. She will draw close to the King and his court then swipe the blade over the throats of the nobles. Then the King. She will bring peace to the two countries." Her father said looking at her mother.

Her mother's face dropped as she look at her daughter. Her eyes widening with every word.

"What if she gets caught in the process?" Her mother's voice broke.

"That won't happen" Evelynn spoke. She stood up straighter and looked at her mother. Her crown reflecting the midday sunlight.

"She will leave in 5 days time" Her father spoke calmly and blankly.

"I shall help you pack" Her mother's voice saddened. "You will need to make a entrance that no one will forget darling"

Evelynn looked at her feet. Battered and bruised as she looked up at her mother.

"As, Evelynn Princess of a distant country, that she never knew. Her family escaped the grasp of Athrolila and will never talk about her heritage." Evelynn stated robotically, like she memorized it, rolling her eyes in the process.

"All she knows that her family is of a noble blood line and her family have never spoke of it"  Her father added.

Evelynn nodded.

"The fate of the country rests in your hands daughter"  Her father pressured.

The doors to the throne room closed behind Evelynn as she walked out. 5 days time. She needed to rest the rest of today and train tomorrow. Until she creates new callouses on her hands.

Evelynn started out of her window in her bedroom. The sun setting and the pressure of the kingdom began to create a burden upon her. She slouched her shoulders and grasped onto the window still.

"The Kingdom rests in your hands,"