Part 42

Evelynn knocked then opened the door to his room. Evelynn peered in and looked around. Azrael had his jacket slung on a chair and crown on his bedside table. Evelynn walked in and saw him tug at his green v neck shirt.

She clicked her tongue "I should of changed,"

"I don't mind. You look stunning either way," Azrael mumbled the last part.

Evelynn scrunched her eyebrows missing the last part. She shook it off and placed her pile of books on the coffee table in front of the green lounge.

"I don't understand why you got 8 books," Azrael scoffed at her looking a the pile of his books on the coffee table

"Well you should of said something," Evelynn bit back. "Plus I got another," Evelynn smiled holding up the book that she gave him. Azrael shook his head as he sat down on the lounge, accompanied by her.

They both read another romance novel. Azrael laid across her lap. Her blue dress had a cushion for his head. Turning a page Evelynn intertwined her hand in his brown mocha hair. And slowly brushed his hair with her fingers.

                                                      ~

After finishing the short romance novel Azrael got up and opened the doors to the balcony. Evelynn looking up from her book to see where he had gone. Her fingers empty. Evelynn got up and followed him, grabbing the book she was given from him. With the book in her hand, she looked at it for a brief moment. The pink calligraphy fading as she left it out in the sun.

Evelynn looked out to the garden then back at Azrael.

"Here," Evelynn said as she pressed it into his chest, her hands clammy. " I thought you wanted it back,"

Azrael's lips lifted to form a soft smile, "Keep it, you seemed to enjoy it," He took the book placed firmly into his chest and placed it into Evelynn's hands. Evelynn turned away and placed the book on the white table a pace behind her. Azrael's eyes remained on her.

"I only dream of love like that," Evelynn exhaled returning her stance to Azrael. Azrael placed his hand out and tiptoed his fingers up her arm. Grabbing it gently he drew her in close. Evelynn placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Dreams aren't real," Azrael whispered his breath on her neck. Azrael placed a hand on her cheek. Leaning in he kissed her softly. Evelynn placed a hand on his chest to hold him. Their lips softly intertwining with each other.

Their lips remained interlocked as Evelynn pulled away from her hand on his shoulder and wrapped her arm up to his back. Raising her knife. Gripping onto it tightly, she angled the blade aiming for the entrance to his heart from his back. Evelynn halted unable to plunge the blade through his heart. Unable to move her hand with the blade in it. Evelynn hovered the dagger over him, the tip almost touching his green shirt.

Do it. Evelynn thought. Do it. She repeated in her mind. Her muscles tensed and froze. Her body rejecting the signal. She held the blade there. Azrael pulled away for air, but Evelynn froze unable to move. For less than a second he pulled away then back in. Gently placing his lips back on hers.

Placing a free hand on his cheek holding him. Evelynn pulled her arm down away from him, unravelling her hand on his back. She slipped the blade back underneath her dress, and into her holder, strapped to her thigh. Keeping her lips on his, Evelynn successfully hid the blade from him.

"This kiss though is," Azrael pulled away, his hand lingering on her face. Looking up at him Evelynn removed her hand from his chest.

Her hands shaking, and throat dry Evelynn forced a smile. "I should go it's very late," Evelynn wiped her lips with the back of her hand walking away from him.