Part 52

Evelynn's eyes peeped over the dust-stained book as she began to pore over him. His green eyes focused on the words on the page. As Azrael's eyes slid from word to word, intertwining himself into a world of make-believe. His dragon eyes narrowed as he felt her glare. Heavily exhaling Azrael's teeth bared in a smirk, his lips parting as he focused his attention onto her. Evelynn caught his stare for a moment before returning to her book, covering her face with the book. The inner spine touched the bridge of her freckled nose. Her blue eyes hid over the tips of the pages. Azrael lifted the book in front of his face before falling back into the dark green lounge. A small laugh came from Evelynn's lips.

She glanced up at the high library ceiling, covered in colours as the spines of the books became stars in the air, attached to high bookshelves. The twin oak ladders comets in the book sky. Azrael grasped onto her hand, sending her forward onto him. Evelynn placed her hands out pinning his hands under hers. The book covers his face. Azrael's feet dangled from the lounge as Evelynn placed a hand onto the book, gripping onto the corner of the cover she pulled it off him.

Their eyes met. Evelynn released her hand from his, slipping it down to his wrist. Evelynn wrapped her legs around him, her left knee digging into the lounge. The green lounge pressed itself into the floorboards under their weight. Her heart beating in her throat as she hovered over him.

Azrael felt like melting into the green fabric as she hovered over him. The hunger for the taste of her lips lingered on his tongue. He slipped his hand underneath her chin, lifting Evelynn's jaw. His thumb rested under her bottom lip. Azrael's chest became heavy as her eyes glowed and jaw clenched as she inhaled. Evelynn placed her hand on his chest as she dropped the book onto the floorboard's underneath them. Azrael watched her clench onto his chest, over his heart. Felt it beat underneath her hand. Her grip tightened on his wrist, pinning his left hand above him. The armrest of the lounge encompassed their arms in the soft green velvet fabric. Her legs rested over his. Her knees buried into the sides of his hips.

Azrael felt his heart pulsating under her hand. The dark grey shirt became a wall between their warm skin. Lingering for her lips Azrael pushed himself up the lounge, his head resting over the armrest. Azrael removed his thumb from her lip and pulled her hand from his heart and rested it above his head. Making her close the distance between them. The air from their mouths whispering over each other's noses. He yearned for her vanilla tasting lips and skin.

"Are you going to kiss me, Princess?" Azrael whispered onto her nose. Evelynn removed her left-hand pinning Azrael and rested it in the nook of his neck. Evelynn stroked his jaw with her index finger and thumb.

She looked down and chuckled to herself, "You may have to wait your Highness,"

Azrael groaned in return, "I'm too sober for this,"

His breath hitched as her hand drifted down his throat, his Adam's apple bobbing underneath her fingers. She traced his collarbone before resting her hand over his heart, underneath his shirt. Azrael immediately reached out and wrapped his arm over her waist. Evelynn shrugged off his grip of her right wrist and she reached for his hair. Wrapping her fingers in his brown locks. She neared his face her lips brushing over his.

A small, sweet taste of vanilla liquor traced his mouth before she pulled away, craving more Azrael placed his other arm around, her drifting up to her back. The pale lavender fabric of her dress drew itself up her back. The ribbon and lace carved themselves into her back. Evelynn leant forward pressing her lips softly onto his.

Unsatisfied Azrael clutched onto her hips and hoisted her up, he sprung up off the green lounge and placed her hips onto his torso. Evelynn wrapped her legs around his waist holding herself up. Azrael accidentally kicked the coffee table in front of them, rattling the glass and books placed on it. Evelynn wrapped her arms around his neck, as he carried her to the bookshelf. Pressing her into the wood, the bookshelf creaked and groaned. Unbothered Evelynn looked up at him and snickered.