Part 34

A bright light forced Evelynn to squint her eyes closed as she walked forward on her horse. A giggle from afar sparked Evelynn's eyes open.

A crystal clear pond laid in her awaken with three trees meters away from them. Woodferns covered the side of the circumference of the pond. Evelynn kicked the horse into a trot as she neared the trees. A small building underneath one of the trees was crowded by the horses. The riders disembarked as Evelynn neared.

"Here we are," Abbigail announced holding her arms out and turning around in a circle.

"Abby found this spot when we went on an adventure," Rayleen lifted her in a hug from behind. Giggles escaped the girl's lips. "And what an adventure indeed,"

Marlin made a gagging motion, sticking her finger down her throat, then leaning over and coughing. Making Evelynn laughed. Collin hit her on the back softly.

"Marlin!" Collin whispered harshly. Rayleen narrowed his eyes at Marlin.

"Well don't stand here and look pretty, let's set up," Lisandra threw her bag on the ground and pulled it open. She placed her hand into the travel bag and pulled out a mat that was unrolled when she pulled the string. She placed it underneath the tree, with her bag on top. "Come on!" She shouted. "The drinks aren't going to drink themselves, now are they?"

~

Evelynn zipped up the side of her bag and flopped down on her bedroll, and abruptly shut her eyes.

"Evelynn?" Lisandra whispered. Evelynn opened her eyes and rolled over on her side.

"What?" She whispered in return.

"Do you have any liners?" Lisandra's voice became shaky.

Evelynn sat up and nodded at her. "I do," Evelynn opened a small pocket of her bag and placed a liner in Lisandra's hand. "Here," Evelynn smiled openly.

"Thank you so much I owe you," Lisandra hurried off to the small building at the other side of the tree.

"Don't mention Lisandra," Evelynn responded closing her pocket on her bag. She placed her hand under her chin and looked to the nearby tree.

Collin had started the fire and Marlin was poking him with sticks. To Evelynn's surprise, he didn't do anything to stop her. "Must be a lovers thing," She exhaled shifting her gaze to Rylen and Vallie.

The two girls sat at the water's edge and Rylen was skipping rocks into the clear blue water. Vallie sat back defeated as she threw hers in and immediately sank. Rylen looked at her and laughed. She placed a rock in Vallie's hand and wrapped her arms around her as she held her arm out and helped her hold it correctly. They both laughed and fell back on one another as Vallie threw it and it skipped twice then sank. It made Evelynn go red as she saw Rylen smile. She looked so happy with Vallie. Evelynn looked further down the pond as arguing voices echoed through the camp.

Abbigail was kicking water at Rayleen. Her bare feet splashing the water up to his face as she played in the shallow water. Rayleen when red with fury as he pulled his shirt off and talked Abbigail into the cold water.

"Gross," Audria said sitting down next to Evelynn. She hummed in response, as she continued to look at the now drenched two.

Abbigail pulled Rayleen down again as he came up to the surface holding her. Abbigail threw her head back as his head disappeared underneath the water. Rayleen then quickly resurfaced throwing Abbigail into the deeper water. They both coughed as they laughed at each other. Abbigail's shirt stickling tightly to her skin, as Rayleen held her close. His chest on hers. They then engaged in a passionate kiss.