Chapter 10: Thor's Vision

Hope's POV:

By the time we get back to the tower Stark has already begun working with the cradle. Steve, Wanda, Pietro, and I walk into the room. "I'm gonna say this once-" "How about nonce." Tony retort. "Shut it down Tony." I tell him. "Nope, not gonna happen." He says. 

"You don't know what you're doing." Steve argues. "And you do? She's not in your head?" Bruce asks, pointing to Wanda. "I know that you're angry." She tries to calm him. "No, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade." He says. 

"Bruce! That's enough. She's not in our heads." I tell him. "Banner, after everything that's happened-" "You don't know what's coming!" Tony yells. "You don't know what's in there." Wanda tries to reason. "This isn't a game Tony!" I snap. 

Pietro goes around and unplugs everything. "No, no, go on. You were saying?" He asks, crossing his arms. Suddenly there's a gun shot and the glass floor beneath Pietro gives way, sending him down. "PIETRO!" Wanda yells. Tony jumps into action. "I'm rerouting the upload." He says. 

Steve tosses his shield and Tony blasts him back. "STEVE!" I yell. I rush forwards, leaping over the cradle. Tony blasts at me, but I twist in midair, dodging the attack. I land a kick to his metal arm. "Corporis impetus." I say, raising my hand. Tony flies back into the wall, struggling. 

Bruce restrains Wanda and Clint comes up with a gun. "Sorry." I tell him. He looks at me confused, lowering his gun a little. "Prohibere." He flies back down the stairs. Steve is back up now. "Now that's enough!" I snap. Suddenly Thor is here. 

He walks right up to the cradle and jumps on top of it, raising his hammer. My eyes widen. "No!" I yell. Lightning strikes the hammer and shoots into the cradle. I drop my spells and use my hands to shield my eyes. When the lightning stops we wait for something to happen. 

Suddenly the cradle bursts open, throwing Thor off. A green and red man stands up. We wait for him to do something. He lunges for Thor and the god throws him through a glass wall and towards the windows. He suddenly stops, surveying the city. We all race to stand behind him. 

We wait for him to attack again, but he doesn't. He suddenly has a green suit on. Thor sets down his hammer and approaches cautiously. "I'm sorry, that was...odd. Thank you." He tells Thor. He sounds exactly like Jarvis.  He then materializes a yellow cape. 

"Thor, you helped create this?" Steve asks. "I had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of like and at its center is that." He says, pointing to the stone in the middle of the guy's forehead. "What? The gem?" Bruce asks. 

"The Mind Stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones. The greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities." Thor explains. "Then why would you bring it-" "Cause Stark is right." Thor says, cutting Steve off. 

"Oh, it's definitely the end times." Bruce mumbles. "The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron." "Not alone." The guy says. "Why does your vision sound like Jarvis?" Steve asks. "We reconfigured Jarvis's matrix. To create something new." Tony explains, stepping forwards. 

"I think I've had my fill of new." Steve sighs. "You think I'm a child of Ultron." "You're not?" I ask. "I'm not Ultron. I am not Jarvis either. I am." He says. Wanda steps forwards. "I looked in your head and saw annihilation." She says. "Look again." He says. Clint chuckles humorously. 

"Yeah, her seal of approval means jack to me." He says. "Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron, they all came from the Mind Stone. And that is nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side-" "Is it? Are you? On our side?" Steve asks. "I don't think it's that simple."

"Well, it better get real simple, real soon." Clint says. "I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't. He will end it all." He explains. "What's he waiting for?" I ask. "You." He says, meaning the Avengers. "Where?" Bruce asks. "Sokovia. He's got Nat there too." Clint tells us. Bruce steps forwards. 

"If we're wrong about you. If your'e the monster Ultron made you to be..." He trails off. "What would you do?" He asks. No one answers. We wait for him to say something. To prove he's on our side. 

"I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique, and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the earth. So he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presences on the net. We have to act now, and not one of us can do it without the other." He's right with that. 

"Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are. I'm not what you intended. So there may be no way for you to trust me. But we need to go." He says. He lifts Thor's hammer towards the god. Everyone stands in shock. Well there's the sign for you.  

Thor takes it from his hands and he walks off. "Alright." Thor says, walking after him. "Three minutes. Get what you need." Steve yells us. He turns to me. "Show the twins where to go." He says. I nod and turn to them. "Follow me." I turn and walk off, hoping they listen. 

We quickly get to the uniform room. "Change, I'll be waiting outside." I go to leave. Wanda stops me. "Why were you so quick to believe us?" She asks. I smile sadly at her and her brother. They are so young. 

"Because I know what it's like to be deemed a monster when I was just a kid hurting and wanting everything to be normal. Now, get dressed." With that I walk out.