Chapter 2: The Search For Bucky

Hope's POV:

He nods and hauls Strucker to his feet. Once we hand him off we head to the quinjet where the rest of the team is. We get on board and I see Clint lying on the medical table. "You good there buddy?" I ask. He laughs.

"Well as magical as your blood is, there's still a chunk missing from my side." He says. I smile. "Don't worry, Tony has Doctor Helen Cho on the way. You'll get your side back." I say, patting his arm. I hear conversation behind me between Thor, Nat, and Bruce, but I pay no mind to it.

Steve, Thor, and I stand around Loki's scepter. Tony walks up to us. "Feels good. I mean, we've been after this thing since SHIELD collapsed. Not that I haven't enjoyed our little raiding parties, but..." Tony trails. "No, but this, this brings it to a close." Thor agrees with where Tony was going.

"As soon as we find out what else this has been used for. I don't just mean weapons. Since when is Strucker capable of human experimentation?" Steve asks. Good question. I've been asking myself he same thing. 

"Banner and I will give it the once over before it goes back to Asgard. Is that cool with you? Just a few days, till the farewell party. You're staying right?" He asks Thor. "Yes, yes of course. A victory should be honored with revels." Thor agrees. "Who doesn't love revels. Captain?" 

"Hopefully this puts an end to the Chitari and Hydra. So, yes, revels." Steve says. He has a far off look in his eyes and I take him hand, squeezing it. He shoots me a grateful smile. He's thinking about Bucky. He's always thinking about Bucky. We're both worried about him. 

We haven't been able to find him and he hasn't reached out to me since the river. We soon make it back to Avengers Tower. After the Battle of New York Tony turned Stark Tower into HQ for the Avengers. When we land Clint is immediately escorted out on a gurney. 

Helen Cho is there giving orders to her medical staff. "Labs all set up boss." Hill tells Tony, walking aboard the jet as Steve and I gather a few things. "Oh, actually, he's the boss. I just pay for everything and design everything and make everyone look cooler." Tony says. I roll my eyes. 

He is such a drama queen. "What's the word on Strucker?" Steve asks. "NATO's got him." She says. "The two Enhanced?" Steve asks. The two of us walk with Hill off of the jet. "Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins." She says, handing us an tablet with a video of the twins at a protest. 

"Orphaned at 10 when a shell collapsed their apartment building. Sokovia's had a rough history. It's no where special, but it's on the way to everywhere special." She tells us as we round a corner. "Their abilities?" I ask. 

"He's got increased metabolism and improved homeostasis. Her thing is neuroelectric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation." Hill lists. Steve stops outside the elevator and looks t her questioningly. "He's fast and she's weird." She sums up. "That doesn't help." I mutter.

"Well, they're gonna show up again." I say. "Agreed. Files say they volunteered for Strucker's experiments, it's nuts." She says as Steve and I climb into the elevator. "Right, what kind of monster would let a German scientist experiment on them to protect their country?" He asks. 

I bit my lip and take his hand again. "We're not at war Captain." She says. "But they are." I remind her, grabbing the tablet from Steve as the doors close. I look over the files. "These poor kids. It sucks being thrown into a world like this at such a young age." I say. 

Steve's hand releases mine and wraps around my shoulders, bringing me into his side. He kisses my forehead. "I just wish there was a way to let them know that the people they're fighting for aren't good." He says. I nod. "I know." I then look up at him. "Sam have anymore news?" I ask. 

"No, no sign of him. I just don't get why he won't let me help him." He says. I stand in front of him. "Hey, give him a little more time. He's going through so much right now. Yes we can help, but the only way we can is by doing this at his pace." I say. 

He sighs but nods as the doors open on the living flood. The two of us walk out. "You're right, I just hate not knowing." "I know, I do too, but it's for the best." "How can we be sure?" He asks, his voice pained. 

"We can't, but we need to trust that Bucky is doing what's best for Bucky right now. If we let ourselves think otherwise then we're just torturing ourselves." I say. He nods. I go on my tippy toes and peck him on the lips.

"I'm gonna go shower, get the fight off of me. I'll see you later." I say. He nods and I walk towards my own room. When I get there I strip and go into my attached bathroom and shower. Once that's done I change into some more comfortable clothing. 

Once I'm done I climb onto my bed and grab my lap top. "Jarvis?" I ask. "Yes Miss Mikaelson?" "Could you pull up Sergeant Barnes' files again?" I ask. "Of course Miss Mikaelson." He says. Suddenly holograms appear around me. I've been doing my own research, trying to find Bucky. 

Obviously I haven't had much luck, but I have to try. Poor guy is running around in a time that is not his own with no memory of who he is. I go through the files again for the hundredth time before calling it a night. 

Closing down the laptop and holograms I put my computer away and crawl under the comforter. As soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm out like a light.