Chapter 12: I Will Burn HYDRA to the Ground Myself

Hope's POV:

We quickly make the plan and execute it perfectly, secure the wings for Sam, then we set another plan in to motion, one to get information out of Jasper Sitwell. It's not too difficult of a plan, but it sure will be fun. 

While Sam is talking to Sitwell on the phone Nat has a gun trained on him and Steve and I are waiting in the car he's about to get into. When the back seat door opens and closes and he sees us, his eyes widen. "You two." "Hey." I say, grinning sarcastically. His eyes widen in fear. 

Steve takes off and drive us towards the building Nat is going to wait for us at. When we get there Steve hauls Sitwell out of the back and he drags him up to the roof with me trailing behind him. When we get to the roof Nat is there. 

She throws open the door and Steve shoves him to the ground outside. "Tell me about Zola's algorithm." He says. "Never heard of it." Lies. Nat and I are trailing Steve, glaring harshly at the man. "What were you doing on the Lemurian Star?" Steve tries again. 

"I was throwing up, I get seasick." He says, finally he this the edge of the roof. Steve stops him from going over and brings him in close. "Sitwell smirks. "Is this little display insinuating that you're gonna throw me off the roof? Because it's really not your style Rogers." He asks snakily. 

"You're right, it's not." Steve pauses, letting him go and backing away. "It's hers." Steve says as Nat steps forwards and kicks him in the chest sending him off of the roof. He screams as he falls. I smirk. "So when is your first date?" Nat asks. I blush and look down, remembering our kiss. 

"Can we not talk about this right now?" Steve asks. "What? I'm serious. You two are literally the most couply non-couple I have ever met." She says. I roll my eyes, but before either one of us can say something Sam is flying Sitwell back to where we are. He drops him further on the roof. 

"Zola's algorithm is a program for choosing Insight's targets." "What targets." I demand. This guy is really starting to get on my nerves, seriously. He better answer before I blast him off the roof and make Sam just leave him. 

"You, a TV anchor in Cairo, the Under Secretary of Defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa City, Bruce Banner, Stefan Strange, that Salvatore School, the rest of the Mikaelson family, anyone who's a threat to HYDRA. Now or in the future.." He says. My glare harshens. 

They won't lay a hang on my family or that school. "The future? How could it know?" Steve asks. Sitwell starts laughing. I'm about to wipe that grin off of his face. "How could it not? The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught HYDRA how to read it." 

He must see the confusion on our faces. "Your bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, emails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores! Zola's Algorithm evaluates peoples past to predict their future." "And what then?" Steve asks. "Oh my God, Pierce is gonna kill me." "WHAT THEN?!"

"Then the insight helicarriers scratch people off the list. A few million at a time." He says. He glances at me and his eyes widen in fear. Steve glances at me. "Hope, your eyes." He warns me, placing a hand on my shoulder. I shrug it off. 

"I don't care what my eyes are doing. These assholes are stupid enough to go after my family. The people I love. The school made for children like me because they are all just a bunch of scared children playing grown up." I spit. 

"Natasha, Sam, get him back to the car, we'll meet you down there." He says. They nod and drag Sitwell away. "I know your angry, but you need to focus that anger on something other than Sitwell, he's our source right now, we need him alive." I nod. 

"But just we're clear, he even attempts to hurt that school or my family, know I'll burn HYDRA down to the ground myself." I snap before walking away from him, off the roof. When we get down to the car Steve gets into the passenger seat with Sam driving next to him. 

Sitwell is sandwiched between Nat and I looking terrified. "You know HYRDA doesn't like moles.' He syas. "The shut your trap and you'll be just fine." I say sarcastically. "Insight's launching in 16 hours, we're cutting it a little close here." Nat says. 

"I know, we'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the helicarriers directly. "What? Are you crazy? That is a terrible, terrible idea-" He is cut off by something landing on the roof. What the hell? 

And arm reaches in the back window and grabs Sitwell by the neck before tossing him into an oncoming truck. My eyes widen. Nat and I exchange a look and realize what is about to happen. We have to move fast. 

Nat somehow makes her way into Sam's lap while I find myself in Steve when the guy starts shooting through the window. Sam screeches to a halt and the guy flies off. I look and see that it's the Winter Soldier, that guy who killed Fury. Anger erupts in me. 

This guy doesn't know who he's coming after this time. He will not hurt anyone else I care about. No one will. The guy reloads his gun as we start at him, waiting for someone to make a move. Nat gets out a gun to shoot him when someone rear ends us. Hard. I groan and turn around.

"Sispann la agresè." The car behind us disappears as it crashes, but another takes it's place. Damn. Nat's gun falls and the car behind us pushes us closer to the soldier. When we're close enough he gets back onto the roof. 

Nat continues to reach for her gun and once she's got it the soldier reaches into the windshield with his metal arm and rips off the steering wheel. "SHIT!" Sam yells. I would have laughed at that if we weren't in this current situation.

Nat starts shooting at him and he flips onto the hood of the car behind us who is no longer pushing us, we are driving away as fast as we can with no way of directing the car. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. This guy is dead.