Epilogue #1

Hope's POV:

When I come around I blink at the harsh lights above me. "Thank Bast you're awake." I hear Shuri say. I sit up and look around. I'm in her lab on a table. "What happened?" "You died taking out that last ship. When we finally found your body I thought you were gone for good." 

"Why would you think that? I can't die." I remind her. She sighs. "Hope, it's been two months." My eyes widen? "What? That-that's impossible? It should have only taken me a few hours." "I know. I cannot explain it as I am not well versed in supernatural healing." She tells me. 

"Two months." I mutter to myself. It can't have been two months. Vampires can't die for more than a few hours unless it's for good and since I'm the tribrid, I can't die at all. "I have some other news, but if you are unable to hear it, then I can tell you later." My head snaps towards her. 

"What is it? What happened? Did T'Challa live? Obviously since you're here in your lab, but what is it?" I ask in a rush. She smiles at me. "Everything is fine. Killmonger is dead and T'Challa is King once more. It's something else." "What?" She nods to the chair on her left. 

"Change and then I'll show you." I'm even more confused now. She exits the lab and I quickly do as she says. When I exit the lab she is waiting for me right outside. "Come with me." I nod and follow her out of the building and towards the little pond I like to draw at. 

There are a few huts around it, but it's peaceful and quiet. When we reach the lake there are kids running out of one of the huts. The run over to Shuri and hug her. She chuckles. "Are you playing around with that man again?" She asks them. "No." She chuckles as they run off once again. 

She then turns to me. "It took a little while to find him cause you hid him so well, but we eventually did." "Him?" I ask, scared that it's not who I want it to be. Before she can say anything, someone walks out of the hut that the kids were in. My eyes widen and my heart stops. 

He freezes as well when he sees me. "Hope?" He asks. I step forward, almost like he'll disappear if I move too fast. He can't disappear. I don't know what I'd do if I lost him again. This all feels like a dream and if it is, I never want to wake up from it. I take a shaky breath before finally speaking. 

"Bucky?"