Chapter 10: Time to Go to War

Hope's POV:

As Steve runs out into plain sight I sit up in the terminal with James and Sam. Before he can reach the chopper Rhodey and Tony fly in, attaching something to it so it can't work. "Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport. Don't you think that's weird?" Tony asks.

"Definitely weird." Rhodey agrees. We're listening though Steve's coms. "Hear me out Tony. That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this." Steve tries, but that's when King T'Challa lands near them. "Captain." "Your Highness."

"Anyway...Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?" "You're after the wrong guy." "Your judgement is askew. Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday-"

"And there are five more super soldiers just like him. I can't let the doctor find him first Tony. I can't." Then Nat appears. "Steve, you know what's about to happen. Do you really wanna punch your way out of this one?" She asks. "Alright, I've run out of patience. Underoos!" Tony yells.

That's when someone flips out of nowhere, attaches something to Steve's shield. The shield is snatched from him and his hands bound with something. When they land I see a guy in a red and blue suit. "Nice job kid." Tony says. Kid?

"Thanks. Well, I could have struck the landing a little better, it's just...new suit. It's nothing, Mr. Stark. It's perfect, thank you." "Yeah, we really don't need to start a conversation." Tony tells him. "Okay. Cap. Captain. Big fan. Spider-Man." He introduces.

From his tone of voice and how he's acting this kid is young. Definitely a kid. Seriously Tony? "You've been busy." Steve notices. "And you've been a complete idiot. Draggin in Clint, 'rescuing' Wanda from a place she doesn't even want to leave, a safe place.

"If she doesn't want to leave, then why did she willingly leave?" I grumble under my breath. Bucky shoots me a small smile at this. "I'm trying to keep...I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart." "You'd did that when you signed."

"All right, we're done. You're gonna turn Barnes over and you're gonna come with us, now, because it's us or a squad of J-SOC guys who have no compunction about being impolite. Come on." Then Sam zeroes in our target.

"We found it. Their Quinjet's in hanger five, north runway." Sam says. Steve raises his arms and Clint shoots though what I assume is webbing that is around Steve's hands. "Alright Lang." Steve says.

Scott then turns from ant size to normal, kicking Spider-Man out of the way and landing next to Steve. "I believe this is yours, Captain America." Scott says. I turn to the others. "Come on, we have to hurry." I tell them. They nod and we sprint off through the terminal.

We're part of the way down when the spider guy lands on the glass of the terminal. "What the hell is that?" Bucky asks. "Everyone's got a gimmick now." Sam grumbles. He swings out a little ways on his webs before crashing through the glass, slamming into Sam. I step in front of Bucky.

"Come on kid, I don't wanna hurt ya." I tell him. "I don't' think you will." I laugh humorously before speeding forward and dropkicking him kind of like he did to Sam, only harder. He gets up quickly and Bucky attacks. He goes to punch him, but the kid catches his arm.

"You have a metal arm? That is awesome dude." With that Sam flies in and scoops him up. He eventually gets out of his hold. He's on the beams on the ceiling now. I race forward and jump into the air, grabbing onto his legs and yanking him down to the ground.

"Whoa, that was cool." He says when we're both standing again. I raise a hand. "Um, what are you doing?" He asks. "Fumée chaleur vicieux enfermé les vitres la bas." I chant. A torrent of flames emits from my hands. "Whoa! Hot! Hot! Hot!" He yells, trying to avoid the fire.

He goes after Sam now and manages to take him from the sky and web him to a railing. They're now having a conversation. The boy goes to hurl into Sam when Bucky jumps in front of him and they both go down. I race after them. He pins them both to the ground with webbing.

"Guys, look, I'd love to keep this up, but I've only got one job here today and I've gotta impress Mr. Stark." He says. I leap onto the thing he's perched on behind him. He jumps a little, turning around. "Tell him the back the hell off." "Huh?" "Ventus."

Wind enters the building and hurls the boy from it. "Wh-AAAAAHHHH!" He yells as he goes flying. I leap down and tear off the webbing, helping the two of them up. "You couldn't have helped more?" Bucky asks. "I hate you." Sam breaths.

"Time to get out there. Coming with me?" I ask Bucky. He nods. I grab his hand and the three of us leap out of the building together. "Casso tor." I mutter, breaking our fall. We land in a roll before quickly getting up and running to Steve's side.

Everyone is here now and we're sprinting towards the jet. We stop only when Vision draws a line with the Mind Stone. "Captain Rogers...I know you believe what you're doing is right. But for the collective good...you must surrender now." All of Tony's team is in front of us now.

"What do we do Cap?" Sam asks. "We fight." Steve says. With that both teams slowly advance towards each other. I lock eyes with Bucky for a half-second and a nod is exchanged between the two of us. It's now or never. We can't lose. If we lose, the whole world is screwed.

Tony can't stop us. He won't stop us. Time to go to war.