Chapter 3: One Hell of a Party

Hope's POV:

It's been a week since the capture of Stucker and the reclaiming of Loki's scepter. Tonight is the 'Farewell Party' as Tony likes to call it. Currently Nat and I are in my room getting ready. "You should defiantly wear this one." She says, holding up a rose gold dress. I shrug. "Too shiny." I say.

She looks at it again before nodding and chucking it on top of the growing pile of dresses I decided wouldn't work for the party. Suddenly she gasps. "This is perfect!" She says. She reaches into my closet and pulls out a black dress with lace detailing and a deep v. I smile.

"Now that I can work with. I say, grabbing it from her hands. I quickly change and when I come out Nat gasps. "You look so good! Why have you always opted out for Tony's parties?" She asks, leading me to my vanity and starting to mess with my hair. 

"I'm not much of a party person." I say, shrugging. "Well you need to go to more. I think this is the first time I've ever seen you in a dress." She says, starting to curl my hair. I roll my eyes. "You've seen me in a dress plenty of time." I say. 

"Not since the team has been together, certainly not since you and Steve have been together." She says. I blush. "I'm not a dress person." "Well you look great." "Thanks." With that we continue to chit chat about things until she is done with my hair. 

She turns me around does light makeup on me. When she's done she beams at me. There are very few moments that Natasha Romanoff gets excited about and I've found me deciding to let her dress me up on few occasions are some fo her top ones. 

"You look beautiful Hope." She tells me. I blush and smile back. "Thanks Nat, what about you? Don't you have to get ready?" I ask, checking the time. She rolls her eyes "Please, it won't take me that long." She says, rushing off to her room to grab her dress and makeup. 

When she comes back she changes and does her hair and makeup in record time. "I'm just saying, if you had less hair, it wouldn't have taken that long." She tells me as she puts the finishing touches on her makeup. I roll my eyes. "You can't cut my hair Nat." "Oh come on!" 

"No! It's not happening." I tell her. She just pouts. Finally she is finished and I slip on my heels. "Ready?" She asks. I nod. As she mentioned before I don't go to Stark's parties, not my scene, but she convinced me to go to this one. When we walk in the party is in full swing. 

Several people look up at us and Nat smirks at me. "Pretty boy is at the poole table with Sam." She says. Sure enough Steve and Sam are playing poole. Steve's back is towards me, but Sam spots me instantly. He smiles and waves. I return it. 

Curious, Steve turns to see who he's waving at. When he sees me his eyes widen. "Go on over there." She says, nudging me forward. I slowly start to move towards my friend and boyfriend. When I reach them Steve is grinning. "What?" I ask. He kissed the top of my head. 

"You look beautiful." He mutters into my hair. My cheeks heat up. "Thank you. Hey Sam." "Hey Supergirl." He greets back. The three of us talk and laugh as Sam and Steve finish up their game. Once they finish I join in for another round, winning of course. 

After playing for a while Steve starts telling Sam about the mission as we head to the top floor to survey the party. "Sounds like a hell of a fight, sorry I missed it." Sam says. "If I had known it was gonna be a fire fight I absolutely would have called you." Steve says. 

"No, no, I'm not actually sorry. I'm just trying to sound tough. I'm very happy chasing cold leads on our missing persons case." He says. I smile at him in gratitude. He's been working hard on this and he doesn't even have to help. "Avenging your y'all's world. Y'all's world is crazy." He says. 

We are now over looking the party guests who are having fun. "Are Stark's parties always like this?" I ask. "Not always, but usually. I'm surprised you came tonight." Steve tells me. I smile up at him. "Nat's idea. Says I need to get out more." "Well you should." He tells me, grinning. 

I laugh. "I have less of a social life than I guy who was frozen for seventy years." I say. The two of them laugh as well. We continue talking, enjoying each other's company. Maybe I should get out more. One thing you can say about Stark, he sure does throw one hell of a party. 

"You find a place in Brooklyn yet?" Sam asks Steve. "I don't think I can afford a place in Brooklyn." He says. "Wait, you're moving out of the tower?" I ask, confused. He didn't tell me that. He looks at me sheepishly. "Uh yeah, I was gonna tell you." "When?" "Soon." 

"I'm gonna leave you two to it." Sam says, walking off. I turn so I am directly facing Steve. "Why didn't you tell me you were even looking?" I ask. "I just didn't want to stress you. You've been so focused on finding Buck that I didn't want to bother you." He says.

"Steve, we're in a relationship which means when you're planning on doing something, like moving, you might want to tell me. I would have helped you look." "I know, and I'm sorry. I should have told you." He says, wrapping his arms around my waist, bringing me to his chest. 

I let a smile slide onto my face and place my hands on his chest. "Yes, you should have." I reach up and kiss him quickly. "Now, tell me where all you've been looking." He starts telling me of all the places he's visited. 

He seems so genuinely happy when he's talking about moving back to the place he grew up. It makes me smile just listening to him. I grin, maybe coming tonight wasn't Nat's worst idea.