Epilogue.

Life is a circle. The end of one journey is the beginning of the next.

~about four and half months later, Mile's grave~

Noah's pov

I blink my eyes to get sure it is not in my imagination and hold my breath.

Is this true? Is he really here?

Yes, he is!

Why?

Natan doesn't move or speak, he is too focused on him and has perked his ears and stays silent. He is confused, surprised, relieved, but at the same time angry, exactly like me, because I don't know if I was expecting it and a part of me wants to scream from joy, but there is another part which wants to kill him for leaving like that.

He left Cora alone and run away, and now what? Why is he here?

My hands turn into fists, I grit my teeth and feel my eyes getting darker from frustration.

Deep inside my heart I wanted to see him again, ask him what happened and he run away like a thief, how he did that to Cora, and then give him a lesson to remember. He disappointed me, because I believed in him, I stepped back for him, I gave him my blessing and liked him. I know I sound insane, but I felt betrayed and stupid and the same thing happened with everyone else, except one very specific, Cora!

She never stopped trusting him, never lost her faith on him, never stopped waiting for him to go back to her, never betrayed their love and never accepted to fall. It's like she was always sure he would come back to her and she was calm, patient, optimistic and strong. I never understood how she keeps on trusting him, but I never told her a word about it, I never tried to change her mind, I just stood on her side like her friend, supported her and tried to be strong for her and everyone.

"Don't stand over there, Noah..."

His out of nowhere words catch me off guard and my heart skips a beat. I exhale the last sign of air I had in my lungs and narrow my eyes troubled and very nervous.

Of course he knew I was here all this time, he could smell me, I was aware of it, but I didn't really care or tried to mask my scent. In fact I wanted him to understand me, because I have to talk to him, I feel it's my duty to help and protect Cora. Maybe it happened for the best I will be the one who is going to have this difficult role, because all the other men would kill him in no time.

Take Sebastian for example. He liked Ivan very much, he wanted him for Cora's mate, but he changed his mind when we got sure Ivan wouldn't come back any time soon. I don't blame him to be honest, I understand him, because he wants Cora happy, he truly trusted Ivan and he seemed to betray Cora in the worst way.

Next we have Nikolai, because the former King wants to kill Ivan, although he knows him for years, loves him very much and he was the first who had said Ivan was ideal for Cora. I'm sure this doesn't come as a big surprise, because we all know Nikolai and how much he loves Cora.

Moreover, there are Owen and Mischa, but these two are somewhere in the middle. They try to be neutral, as we don't know what made Ivan leave like a thief and also, they don't want to upset or hurt Cora.

The rest men, I mean my father, Leo, Jose, Ronald and even I have decided to say nothing, you see we don't want to add more gunpowder in the fire. We wanted to respect Cora's condition, she had already too many things to deal with, first with the Kingdom, as he became Queen and then with other, more serious things, and we didn't want to get her sad and hurt.