Five Years Later...

"And when you think you are too close to the top... Fate shows you have another difficult path to pass in order to succeed!"

~five years later~

Third person's pov

Five years had passed since the day Cora found her family and began her life as the lycanthropes' princess. Five years away from the people that killed her and made her suffer. Five years without her angel, her Miles. Five years without feeling any kind of pain from Noah, without his mark on her, without the bond.

She couldn't feel anything from her bond with him after the night she sifted. Her personal doctor told her that she was too strong and accepting his rejection broke the bond enough for her to stop feeling him and his actions. She was relieved, she was happy and pleased with her life now. She had a great aunt that was treating her like she was her daughter and was always by her side. She was helping her with some of her lessons, she was teaching her some important things related to her future duties as a Queen and they had fun some hours every week on their own without the others.

Rosana was a sister for her, they were going out some days every month to go shopping, clubbing and have fun. Rosana knew every thought of Cora, every feeling, every wary and was encouraging her to continue being strong and optimistic. She still hadn't found her mate but she didn't mind, she had a feeling that she would meet him soon and she was getting ready.

Mischa was their protector, their older brother, the one who was able to control them better than the others as he knew their weaknesses and their way of thinking. He had found his mate three years after he moved into the palace and he was happier than ever. His mate was another young Duchess, her name was Natalie and she was pretty, kind and sweet. Natalie created almost immediately a strong bond with Rosana and Cora, she was helping them make wise choices as she was some years older than them and she had more experience to some things. She was now one and a half month pregnant with Mischa and hers child and they were all very excited and happy.

Mischa and Rosana's parents were visiting them very often and they were staying with them at the palace. They were always good friends with Queen Alena and King Nikolai and they adored Cora for her strength and kindness.

King Nikolai, Cora's grandpa was finally happy and calm. His younger daughter might have been dead but he had her daughter, his little girl, his one and favorite granddaughter. He loved watching her training, talking, laughing, smiling and being around him. She came and gave him back his lost happiness, his optimistic thought. She was his biggest weakness, one word from her and it was a rule, one tear and he was getting crazy, a laughter from her and his heart was melting. He was spending lots of time most of the nights discussing with her about their lives, his experiences, his stories and their feelings. He could see the good in her, she was a kind soul, she had been broken before but she was strong and she was another person. He wanted so much to kill everyone that had dared to hurt her in every way but he knew that she was able to deal with everything and everyone when the right time would come and he was fine with it.

He was also the one who could see something between Cora and...Ivan. Despite their distance and contraries he was sure that these two had lots of things in common and they could stand next to each other perfectly. He tried to talk with them separated but both of them denied to discuss anything related to each other. He decided not to pressure them, he was certain that when the right time would come they would finally manage to soften and open up to each other. He was hoping they wouldn't be too stubborn and they would follow their instincts and needs.

Queen Alena was a different woman, she was happy and couldn't hide it. Cora was the light in her life. She didn't have kids on her own, her mate had died lots of years ago and now she felt alive again. Cora was her sister's daughter, her daughter. She adored this kid, she could she her sister's spirit in Cora, her heart, her warmth. She was sure her kingdom would be in good hands, her niece was a smart woman, strong with understanding abilities, kindness but also determination for perfection and a great feeling of justice.