Forgiveness, Past And Future...

"It takes a lot of bravery to forgive and move forward and especially when unexpected obstacles from the past come on your way again..."

Cora's pov

"My Cora!?"

My father whispers with a cracking voice.

He seems so old, so neglected, so broken... He was always such a beautiful man, charming, elegant, with a confident and powerful aura. Now he has nothing to do with the man I knew and I was afraid of for so many years.

Owen is lost next to him, he is staring at me ready to cry, his eyes are not my brother's... Those dark blue almost black eyes that were shining now look so lifeless, so blur... He is a mess, a wreck... He is not my brother.

I take one step back gasping for air and lower my look on the ground.

What am I going to do?

I can't see them like these. I know they hurt me so much in the past but they are my blood and... My mother would be sorry for them. I know that I am an idiot of thinking like this when they never cared for me and her opinion all those years but I am not like them... I am not heartless and as I see they are not either.

"Cora... Talk to them, please..." Cynthia whispers.

My body shudders suddenly and I stiffen a bit towards Ivan. He tightens his hold around me and kisses the top of my head. I lift my head up slowly trying to find the courage I need... I look at them for some seconds before I take a deep breath.

"Leave us..." I whisper shortly.

Ivan looks surprised just like Owen who almost jumps up like he can't believe what I just said. Caleb pulls Leo, Jose and Rosa and begins walking back to the palace without saying a think. Chloe signs for Cora to go to her and leave while Ivan stares at me worried.

"My rose are you going to be alright? Do you want me to stay?" he whispers shortly.

"I will be fine sweetheart. Thank you..." I reply and he leaves with Chloe and Cora after he kisses my forehead again.

The three of us stay frozen for some more time.

My father starts crying more and Owen takes one step to me but stops. I walk to them slowly and stop three steps away from my father. I begin crying and my father falls suddenly on his knees and bust into sobbing. I am shaking the moment I hear his sobs and I lift my head up with my eyes closed. I try to breathe, I am ready to fall down as well, I can't bear it.

"Kill me my child. If you can't accept me then kill me please. If it makes you feel better do it! I can't anymore." He says through his sobs and I gasp ready to begin having spasms from the lack of air.

I fall on my knees in front of him and sob. Owen is crying loudly now, he is shaking and takes one step to us. I place my hands on the ground and bury my fingers in the earth trying not to scream.

"I am so sorry baby. I wish I had died that day, I should have been dead in her place. I was a monster, not a father. I am so sorry." He whispers and gasps for air.

I take one proper breath and stop shaking and sobbing slowly. I raise my eyes on him and pull my hands on my knees. He is bended some inches away from me. He has his hands on his chest trying to breathe. Owen seems lost, he is not moving or talking. I slowly raise my hands and place them on my father's shoulders. He moves slightly and I pull him gently to lift his body a bit up.

"Can you please look at me?" I ask nervously.

He nods and sits up on his knees in front of me with difficulty. He lifts up his head and then his eyes slowly. He is ashamed, afraid of looking at me... He is not breathing and it is breaking my heart even more. I can't stand it anymore.

 Alpha's Abused Mate On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara