Matching Some Pieces.

Not all storms come to disturb us, some come to clear our path and give us the opportunity to match the puzzle's pieces.

~at the same time, Owen's pack, hospital~

Owen's pov

I blink my eyes caught off guard with Cora's question and I stay motionless staring at her.

I was doing my best to be calm, not lose my temper and not allow my brain to stop thinking, but this question of hers is throwing me off.

The truth is I took everything Nikolai said much better than I had imagined, I don't know how I did it and how I was able to think and accept the truth without doubting him, but now I find myself lost.

To be honest, I didn't like this Adrik at all, I found something dark on him from the very first moment, but I had no other choice than to accept to cooperate with him for my aunt. Later, he earned my respect, he saved her, he helped me and I appreciate it, but the fact I was blaming and suspecting Nikolai doesn't mean I found Adrik completely innocent.

This is the reason I had been asking to know the truth and I was provoking Nikolai, I wanted him to spill out everything and I feel disappointed from the way he was forced to talk. I wish he had managed to talk to my aunt before she receives those photos and react this way.

It broke my heart to see her like that, I felt my heart aching in my chest, I couldn't move or react, although I wanted to support her and I am trying to forget what she said about losing her unborn baby, because it hurts like hell and I won't be able to stand on my feet, if I leave this pain kneel me. My family needs me, my sister and aunt need me the most and I will have time to 'mourn' on my own when things loosen and we make a plan to work things out.

As I was saying, everything Nikolai told us till now makes perfect sense and it is surprising that I really believe him, but my heart and wolf agree, they are taking his side and I find him right for not wanting Adrik and for being so mad at him. He hates him and so do I, right now I wish he was right in front of me, because I am dying to kill him for everything. He began all this chaos and I am not trying to excuse Nikolai, but I can't put the whole blame on him either.

He lost his mate too early, he had to raise two daughters alone, he wanted to keep them safe, he tried to protect them, but also keep the balances and respect the possibility of my aunt and Adrik being mates (although Adrik is something worse than an ass) and he ended up losing one daughter, his heart broke for good and the downfall began...

I was 'fine' till now, but I am afraid I can't say the same thing anymore. I mean, Cora has a big point with her question and the shock in our faces (and Nikolai's) leaves me no doubt we had never thought of some possibilities.

I exhale in frustration and then force my lungs to take some slow, big breaths. I try to push back my surprise and find back my composure, my wolf stays silent to help me and I clear my throat first. Both Cora and Nikolai snap the heads to me in union and I give both of them a quick look.

"We can't be sure about when she lost her memory and how. I mean, if you don't know anything else and Adrik told you nothing when you found him, we can't know certainly. Not to mention that even if he told you, we couldn't trust him. He has no honor, right?" I say thoughtfully with my eyes locked on Nikolai who nods with a blank, tired expression.

Alright, he doesn't know, that asshole said nothing, but as I said we can't trust him. This gives us three scenarios I think.

The first is that Adrik did something to make her lose her memory on purpose and forget who she was in order to make sure he could keep her there without my mom creating problems and then using her in any way he wanted. I mean, she was a child back then (at least at the beginning) and she wasn't a threat to him, but we don't know his sick way of thinking. Maybe he wanted to erase every memory of hers to make her trust him and only, take her by his side for good and take advantage of Nikolai by blackmailing or threatening him.