The Redemptiom!

The greatest tool you can get for your own redemption is... Time!

 ~ few hours later, somewhere in Siberia~

Adrik's pov

I can't take my eyes from her and I keep on staring at her pale, but still breathtaking and mesmerizing face.

I am trying to realize she is finally here with me, but her very long absence from my life makes it difficult and extremely hard for me to accept it. It feels more like a dream and not my life's new reality, it is fantastic!

Alena is here, my Alena.

She came to me, we are completely alone and I can't hide my enthusiasm, although I can't show it yet either. I mean, I am smiling for the first time in my life, my eyes are shining and I feel the need to cry after many years from my father's death, I am shaking, my skin is shuddering, but I can't move and react yet.

Something is holding me back and I don't know what!

Well, maybe it's her weird expression and her obvious weakness, she is tired and I was expecting it, but it's painful for me to see her like this. She looks fragile, there is no doubt she hasn't slept and she had been crying for hours, she couldn't walk up the stairs on her own, although she didn't admit it and I had to help her and now she is shaking and supporting herself by holding the tower's low front wall.

I wanted to show her the view and I brought her at the tower's roof. Maybe this action of mine was a desperate move from me to help her feel better and more comfortable with me and a try to break the ice between us.

She just greeted me when my men with Boris accompanied her till my tower's entrance and she hasn't talked at all these intense, stressful and torturing for me minutes.

I know I shouldn't expect too much from her for now, I know everything is new and the truth hurt her a lot, but not talking to me is cruel, because I love her, whatever I have done, I have done it for her and only.

At the beginning I thought she didn't want to talk in front of my men, the few I ordered to stay here, as the others left to the secret hideout some kilometers away, because I wanted the tower to be peaceful for Alena and I. I saw she was too silent, she was just nodding or shaking her head in refusal in my questions, so I asked from Boris and the ten men to stay out of the tower and give us time and space. I took her to show her around the tower, I tried to make her talk or relax, but I failed and the roof with the dense and white from the snow forest's view was my last hope.

We are almost five minutes here and neither of us has talked yet. I get crazy the more time passes with no single word, look or move from her and my lycan is worse than I am. He has lost his patience, he was waiting for this moment from the first second I saw her and realized we are mates and her distant behavior is making him furious. He has been trying to talk to her lycan all this time, but she is blocking him and he is growling, asking from me to find my power, confidence and determination back.

He says she is our mate and she can't play with us, not only Alena, but her wolf as well and I agree!

But...

I don't know what to do anymore, her presence has affected me, I have lost my mind and the feelings are mixed and opposite. From the one hand I am excited and relieved she is here, but on the other hand I am terrified, nervous and upset. I wish she could talk and make something to help me understand what she needs me to say or do, but I don't see her so willing to give me a helpful sign or show me the path she wants me to follow.