'Peace' And Decisions.

It is in your moment of decision that your destiny is shaped.

~about two hours later, Adrian's palace~

Cora's pov

I open my eyes sleepy and Rosa is the first and only person I see right next to me in the room.

I don't remember exactly what happened, but I know for sure where I am, in 'my room', well the one I had with Ivan. Cynthia groans irritated and I shake my head thoughtfully.

It doesn't take me many seconds to recall the most important and latest incidents before I pass out and I sit up panicked, but Rosa is here to stop me by placing her hands on my shoulders. I fight with everything I have been left with to breathe again and lay back defeated, Rosa smiles in sympathy and I stiffen unable to talk.

Everything becomes clear the more times passes and the tears appear on my eyes too soon. I raise my shaky hands to hide my face in embarrassment and feel Rosa's arms getting wrapped around me. Her kiss on the top of my head the next moment eases my desperation, but only for a moment and a loud sob escapes me and gets lost in the silent room's cold atmosphere.

I still don't know how to believe what happened, what my aunt did, how she took care of everything, who Adrian's role was, who Alistair is and what he was doing all these years and last, but not least that Juan is alive and every single thing he told us.

He betrayed Darren, I betray and accused Darren, I hated him for everything, but Juan was to be blamed from the beginning and I had no idea about a thing. Not that I knew anything else about Alistair's existence, Adrik's role in all these, or that Adrian had a brother and wanted to cover him to save his ass and stupid fame. I won't even commend about Camilla, because it comes as no surprise to me that she got in this, I know her motivations, although I thought she was too stupid to be a part of such a plan. Well, I know she was just a part, not the 'head', but I'm just saying... She is great actor at last, I recognize it to her.

And do you know what hurts me the most except I was unfair to Darren who truly loved me and what happened to Miles because of me?

It's that my aunt faced, faces or will face Adrik without me.

I have lost the time sense's, I don't know how much time has passed since I passed out and I can't stop thinking about her.

I try to imagine in how much pain she is after all these reveals, but I know nothing I feel is enough, because she blames herself. Everything began from Adrik, at least according to everything we know about all these. She was the target, my mother became the victim by accident, he passed her to Alistair, who betrayed him and Owen's and mine identities were well known to them, Camilla and Adrian all these years.

"Well, you are in the same condition. Think about it... You feel the same for what happened to Darren, Miles and Noah's pack... Many died, but you had no idea the real reason behind it. Alena know nothing until now, she lost Dimitrey, your mother, her baby... It's the same." Cynthia whispers and I groan in agreement, but don't try to continue and open a discussion with her, for now.

She is right, my aunt and I are on the same side, we know exactly how each other feels, but she feels worse than I do, because I got in the middle years later. Although... I have a reason to feel awful and extremely guilty, because I am not with her to help and support her. She didn't want me there by her side. She wanted to protect me and make my life easy, because this is who she is.

A Queen in absolutely everything!

"It is okay, Cora. Everything is over, everyone is safe. Don't cry anymore, it's fine." Rosa whispers when my sobs become heavier and I pull back breathless, look at her in the eyes and hold my breath in agony.