Chances And Mysterious Envelopes.

That risk you're afraid to take, could be the one that changes your entire life forever.

~some hours later, afternoon, Owen's pack, hospital~

Alena's pov

I stare at the ring in my hands and find myself too lost in it. The ruby is mesmerizing, it has the exact same color with my hair and I can't take my eyes from the wolf's head.

I try to think, if I know any man with the appearance Owen told me, but nobody comes in my mind and I am losing my patience, I am getting frustrated and this is not helpful.

I always had control over everything and right now I don't and I hate it!

I sent them all to go and get some rest, not only because I am worried and I want them to calm down, but also because I want to stay alone. Most of them protested with Caleb, Owen and Ronald being the very first, but I was determined and in the end I convinced them!

Chloe took Cora that had fallen asleep in my arms and went back to the pack house to put her to bed and stay with her. I am much better I saw her and we spent time together! She made me laugh, she wanted to take care of me, she did brush my hair and she tried to feed me, but I couldn't eat even the smallest bite and in the end she scolded me with Caleb. I don't know what my sister is up to, or maybe I do, because she knows everything and this is why she sent Cora to me and I can't deny this is redeeming yet terrifying at the same time.

Anyway...

Next, I told Leo and Noah that came to pay me a very short visit, to take Caleb and put him to bed again, as he is still weak and he had a very hard time while I was in the operating room! The boys did take him although he was protesting and I felt relieved and surprised from Noah's behavior. I mean, I was close to Leo anyway, but the second Noah got in the room I felt something has changed, he was calm and happy and I am sure he wasn't pretending. I don't know what changed, but I am optimistic and also, Chloe told me that Lucy is here and this is something Noah thought and discussed with Cora and Ivan that agreed immediately with him.

After them, we have Sebastian, Mischa, Rosana, Natalie and Jose. The five of them showed more understanding than the others when I asked to stay alone and they left after Mischa almost begged me to forgive him for telling Nikolai everything. Honestly, I didn't have to forgive him, I would never be mad at him, I know he had good intentions and what my 'father' is capable of, so everything was already solved for me, there was no problem.

The two that took me more efforts to make them leave were Owen and Ronald that had been insisting on staying with me. These boys melted me, I cried once they finally got out of my room and the door closed behind them. I have never seen Ronald crying, we have a special place in each other's heart and I consider him as a real nephew and I am happy he and Owen seem to be so close! They have some similarities and I am lucky I have them!

And at this point I have to say that all the persons above, except from Caleb and Owen, came to me again after Chloe took Cora and left! They hadn't managed to see me before and although they were at the pack house, they run to me when they saw Chloe and Cora there. Well, okay, I hadn't seen Natalie, all the others had come in my room when I had just woken up, but the doctor took all of them out.

Moreover, Cora and Ivan haven't returned yet, I sent them to make some announcements to our people through Skype, our Alphas have to know and then they are going to inform Adrian and everyone else in his palace and I think they are going to be here soon with Amanda and George. As they told me, the last two were worried and I have no doubt they meant it! Amanda is my best friend, my chosen 'sister' and she knows everything about me, George was always a man I trusted a lot and I like taking his advices sometimes, he is wise and logical.