Anything Comes True...

We are born in one day. We can die in one day. And we can find out everything we had no idea about in only one day! Anything else can happen in just one day!

~some hours later, early in the afternoon, palace~

Cora's pov

I observe Mischa getting in with Ronald one step behind him and Ivan closes the door again.

I am still shaking, I am in tension, my heartbeat is by far anything than normal and no matter what Ivan did to make me relax, I am still a mess!

All this mystery is getting on my nerves! Either someone is playing with me or he knows something but he is waiting for the right moment until he tells me!

I knew it had to do with Miles but now I know it has to do with more!

I think I am getting crazy, I don't know what to say or do anymore, everything is sore and blurred and Ivan is my rock! All these hours he hasn't left my side and we are locked in here because we need some peace, I need it but I can't find it anymore!

I come to the room trembling after I showed the text to Noah and he had a sudden outburst and I don't mean that he got mad at me or he was annoyed! He was devastated, he was scared but not about the truth, he was scared about everyone else except from himself and he meant it!

I know it sounds crazy but it's not, trust me!

He has no idea who this person is and what he wants or what he knows! He promised me he knows nothing, he thought from the beginning that Darren had killed Miles because he was a paranoid and he wanted me only for himself because he had lost my mom because of my dad! And I do believe him! This is why he accepted to give me that file that got burned in Caleb's car two days ago, he had nothing to hide but he told me he can't talk about it! It hurts him talking about it but...

He told me something after he calmed down and before I leave.

He is going to bring someone here tomorrow, Lucy!

She knows everything, she told him what had happened that night with details and she found Miles first! The file had everything she had seen that night and because Noah can't remember what happened and what he saw, she is going to tell me!

Well, to be honest... I have to say I appreciate everything he is doing about Miles and the truth about his death! He wants to help me, he respects my wish to know and he is willing to bring Lucy here! He is going to be with me when I meet her but he won't talk and I guess this is a small sign of support from him!

I told Ivan everything when I came back, I showed him the text and he is also pleased from Noah's new behavior and positive about the outcome! He thinks Noah is not lying and it is really painful for him to remember what happened and I can't judge his pain when I know nothing.

Alright, he was his son, he had made dreams for him... I can admit it now, he loved Miles in his own way, the last thing he wanted was to lose him and especially in that way...

"Are you alright Cora? You're pale and you look tired!" Ronald says worried and sits next to me on the couch while Mischa sits on an armchair opposite of me.

I sigh heavily and Ivan joins me, takes my hand in his and I shake my head nervously.

I am dying, I am not alright but anyway, now it's not the time to tell them! I am going to wait for Lucy to come tomorrow and I will tell everyone what happened after I talk with her!

"I am just overwhelmed, that's all... So, any news?" I say wanting to change subject and he nods quickly.

Good, at least everything else (except from the family issues) is going well...