Blood, Gunshots, Rings!

The truth can be different from what you know and from what you see!

~some time earlier, forest, Nadia's grave~

Alena's pov

"What did you say? I don't understand!" I mutter breathless doing my best to ignore the sparks and stop shaking that much.

Everything is just too much for me!

He said he is my first mate, he knows me, I feel sparks, I feel like never before, he can't be lying and now he says I have to go with him?

Is he threatening me and if yes, why?

I am having a really hard time for the first time in my life! I don't understand, my brain is not cooperating with me, nothing makes sense and Allia has gotten crazy, she is out of control!

"Come with me, I am going to explain everything and protect them all!" he says again and I stiffen gaining my temper back gradually.

He is Adrik!

His name is Adrik and he knows me and... I am getting dizzy from the closure and his eyes and scent and touch!

"Who? Why?" I whisper in despair and he leans closer to me almost touching his forehead on mine.

I am passing out, this is way too overwhelming and I don't know how to deal with it!

What is wrong with this day?!

"Your family, it's my family as well after all! But..." he whispers and his last word leaves from his lips so harshly that I stiffen nervously and push my real, strong self to come back to me again.

You know, I don't like this kind of behaviors! I mean, it's in my genes, I don't like wild tones, orders...

"But what? You said you saw me when I was 11! What do..." I say before he says more but he places a finger on my lips and I freeze.

What the hell?

Are you for real Alena?

"Of course you're! He is mate!" Allia shouts confusing me more and the first thing that comes in my mind is...

Caleb!

No, I have a mate, I had one more, Dimitrey!

Three mates are way too many, no! Something here is wrong but with Adrik is not wrong, it's weird, stronger!

"Yes... Look, I accept everyone except from... Your father!" he states coldly and his eyes turn almost black with his jaw clenching and his last sentence shocks me.

My... Father?

"W..." I begin but he presses his finger more on my lips and I stop.

"Everything is his fault! He hurt us all, I promise I am not lying! I have unfinished business with him! I am going to tell you everything and..." he explains in hurry but some loud howls sound accompanied from gunshots and he stops surprised.

We don't have time to react as the gunshots get multiplied and louder and I feel an annoyance on my right arm. The next second I am pulled on the ground from Adrik that lands on top of me and I lock my eyes on his right arm to realize he has gotten shot and I felt it!

He... He is really my mate!

There is no doubt now, it can't be explained otherwise, he is my mate and the more seconds pass the more the pain gets increased.