Father And Daughter's...

"There is nothing storger and more intense than the love a father has for his daughter. He... He is always going to be her shelter, her strength, her savior!"

~some hours later, too late at night, Ivan and Cora's room~

Ivan's pov

I listen to her sighing again and I feel her turning for once more.

It has been hours now and she hasn't managed to sleep yet.

I tried to make her relax but I can't, I brought her tea and nothing, I made her a massage but still no result, she had a warm bath, she ate nothing despite how much I pressured her to eat...

Did what happened to Natalie affect her so much?

She is alright now and her pup is healthy, the doctors assured us about it and Cora is still in tension and maybe even more than she was at the beginning.

Okay, I know that the fact that Natalie has a boy reminded her Miles but and she is too vulnerable yet sensitive when it comes to kids and babies but I know her too well and I know that my Cora is a logical person. It doesn't make sense, she should have been better, more...

How can I say it?

Self collected...

It is breaking my heart to feel her in so much tension. She is suffering and I don't know what to do in order to help her. I have never been close to her when she is in bad mood, she was hiding it from me because I was such a big ass but now?

Now it costs me because I have no idea how to behave and what to do in order to help her and I don't want to do things worse if I make anything stupid! So I have to think of something but what?

I sigh heavily and move a bit closer to her. I wrap one hand around her waist and bury my face in her soft hair. She has turned her back to me but I do not care, I can't get mad, I understand! I am sure she needs some space, she is not talking or helping me understand but I respect it.

Cora is a proud woman, especially after what she has been through and everything related to her son is more serious yet sensitive than anything else.

I just want her to know that I am here for her.

I feel her hand above mine and smile relieved, at least she wants me next to her...

"Are you alright rose? Do you want us to talk about anything?" I whisper timidly and she exhales again if I can say nervously.

"I am good. Please forget about it. It was a long day..." she replies shortly but in the end her voice breaks and a sob escapes her lips.

What happened?

"Cora baby, please look at me." I say immediately and try to turn her around in order to face me but she escapes my hold, jumps off the bed and runs to the bathroom.

I sit up worried not able to say a thing and I observe her in the darkness getting inside the bathroom, closing and then locking the door behind her. I leave the bed as well and run to the door breathless and extremely confused yet speechless.

What did I do?

I tried not to pressure her but I guess I did, right?

"Maybe she is already pressured. You did nothing wrong!" Vital states in frustration as he is also worried and I bite my lower lip not knowing what to do.

I close my eyes trying to think of something but some seconds later I listen to some low, short sobs that make my heart break and I start shaking panicked.