Reconciliations And Sudden Allies.

You never know what can happen until it happens, you never know who can change until he changes and you never know who your new ally can be until he comes to you willingly.

~about half an hour later, Owen's pack house~

Ivan's pov

I walk to the door with slow, careful steps and when I reach it, I turn around to give one last look at Cora. She is sleeping and she is not so pale, her cheeks have a slight, pink color and her face muscles are not as tensed as they used to be some time ago.

The sedative drugs worked and I hate that we had to give them to her, but once she found her consciousness, she couldn't stop crying, she was exhausted and we all got very scared. She has taken no break from the moment we sat our foot in Adrian's damn palace and every single incident that takes place is worse than the previous, with every new truth being harder and more heartbreaking.

I feel helpless and not because I can't get a break, but because Cora is someone's main target, everything has to do with her, she is in the middle and she is suffering. I can do nothing than stay by her side, but this does not mean I actually help her with this. I mean, I am her man now, I have to take everything in my hands, get in front and face everything and anyone, but I can't do this, because we are in the dark.

The only thing we know for sure right now is that Adrik is behind what happened to Nadia and King Dimitrey and he is still alive and Alena left with Ronald to find him.

Anything else is sore, we can't be certain about the rest, we can just make some hypothesis and this is it. I have to say I agree with Owen's way of thinking as well, I find what he said logical and so does Cora, but some very important pieces are still missing.

Anyway...

Back to Cora, who is sleeping as I said before and I am leaving for a while to take some air only because Rosana suggested staying with her in case she wakes up. We don't want to leave her alone and I am lucky I have the guys or else I would have lost it. You know, it is very difficult for me to see my mate in so much pain, not leave her and pretend I am strong enough and not affected, because when Cora is suffering I'm dying and I feel horrible I can do nothing else. I know she needs me and my presence gives her a small piece of confidence and encouragement, I support her in any way I can and she feels quite protected, but I am used to be more energetic and having my hands tied up is driving me crazy and I feel useless. I wish I could find a way to find out the whole truth, but I know it's pointless for me to try, we have nobody to help or tell us what he knows.

I lock my gaze on Rosana when I grab the door's handle and she gives me an approving, reassuring nod, I smile thankfully and open the door to get out and close it again behind me.

I exhale heavily and my eyes meet Noah's instantly, he hasn't left from here, he was worried about Cora and he wanted to wait and listen to the doctor who came to check on Cora and give her the drugs in order to sleep. I thought he would have left, the doctor left about ten minutes ago, but Noah stayed and from his expression I have no doubt he is hurting and his eyes are wet, he was crying.

Do you believe I feel sorry for him?

Don't get me wrong, I am never going to forget what he did to Cora, the way he was abusing her, raping and hurting her, but he seems to have regretted everything, he also lost his son and I know he can't forget or stop suffering like Cora and last but not least he is finally changing, he shows emotion, he wants to help, he respects me and he is trying to support everyone and especially Cora.