Past And Future...

"He was my past but you... You are my future and I am not turning back again. I want you!"

"Grandpa! I missed you so much!"

"My little, sweet rose I missed you too. How are you?" he asks cheerfully.

I called him with Ivan now that we came back from the forest and the talk we had and we wanted to tell him our news. I haven't told him anything except from the fact that I replaced a fighter of ours and he has to know more now...

"I am good grandpa... Well, I am almost perfect..." I say wickedly and giggle staring at Ivan next to me.

He has the same expression with me and we are looking forward to hear his reaction. We both know that he was the first that wanted us together and we never allowed him to make a move and help us get closer. He knows nothing about our kiss back at Russia and about everything that has happened all these days here in America.

"I know this tone... What is going on my little devil?" he asks and I can already imagine him smirking while he says his last words.

I look at Ivan and he nods. I place the phone between us and we both lean close to it smiling. I give him a sign to speak and he smiles blushing.

"Nikolai?" he says timidly yet excited.

"Ivan? What is wrong? Why are you two together? What did you do?" my grandpa asks with wary.

I chuckle and try to stay as silent as I can but it is difficult. Ivan tries to make me stop by placing his hand on my mouth to prevent me from laughing later but my grandpa has already heard me.

"Cora Petrov I can hear you. Tell me right now what is happening. What did you do?" he says in a serious yet concerned tone.

"Well, I think we have to tell you and not keep you waiting." Ivan replies with a meaningful look to me.

"Yeap, so... Tell him." I say and he smirks.

I hear my grandpa sighing and I am sure he is going to scold and shout to both of us if we late a little bit more and I sign to Ivan to hurry.

"Nikolai, we both know you always wanted us together and..." he pauses and nods smiling to me.

"... We are together grandpa." I finish his phrase with obvious joy in my voice.

Some seconds pass in silence. I begin getting panicked...

What is he doing, is he alright?

I look at Ivan nervous and he raises his eyebrows confused.

"Grandpa, are you there? Are you alright?" I ask nervously.

"Are you kidding ME?" he screams and I almost let the phone fall down on the floor.

"Both of you are the craziest kids I have ever met. You remembered it now?! I was trying to help you get closer for about five years!" he continues and I giggle.

"Nikolai, we are sorry... To tell you the truth everything happened too suddenly and very quickly... We hadn't planned a thing, not to tell you that when I kissed your granddaughter for the first time she slapped me and left." Ivan says smirking in the end and I punch him playfully.

"I won't tell him how I saw you that night outside the club..." I say through the link through my teeth with annoyance.

Okay, I am getting angry again...

Why didn't I kill her back then?

He raises his hands defeated and makes me puppy eyes with guilt. I nod smirking wickedly and he smiles relieved.