Memories And Truths.

Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks and the past keeps on hunting me.

~at the same time, hospital~

Alena's pov

The moment these words leave my lips, more tears fall from my eyes and I hold my breath.

I never take my gaze from his, the shock in his eyes and face is obvious and I would say he looks heartbroken with this statement of mine, but I am too mad and devastated to care what he feels or thinks.

What matters is that I lost my mate, who it is now proved that it was my chosen one, because Caleb is for sure the second chance mate and that bastard, Adrik is the first and worst, and I also lost...

My little baby!

That day I not only lost them, but I also died with them and it is not a lie, if someone imagines that my condition was crucial, I had lost too much blood and I woke up after three days of being in a coma. I almost died physically, but most importantly I died psychologically, my heart broke for good and I lost everything, I lost me.

The pain was unbearable all these years, I am dying every single day the last 18 years and nothing can ease my pain, not even the kids. I do love all of them, they became my kids, I can die for them and I will never regret the love I have for them, but my son's place will never be replaced.

I felt him moving inside me, he was kicking, he was strong, energetic and happy. I listened to his little heart beating, I felt the bond, I was talking to him, I was dreaming of our future and one day was enough to turn the upside down and take him from me.

I was accusing myself from the day I woke up, I thought it was my fault I couldn't be strong enough to deal with the pain and keep my baby and protect it. I had no idea that the pain was so intense not only because Dimitrey was dying, but also because Nikolai was injuring Adrik and he almost managed to kill him after Dimitrey had fallen dead on the ground.

I was in pain for both and I could do nothing to avoid it, but I never cared about the pain I went through, I cared only about my son!

Now I know it was a son, Nadia told me before I wake up, because I didn't know the gender back then, I had some more days to go and see it with Dimitrey, but I had promised that if it was a boy, I would name him Nikolai. I wanted to make my 'father' proud and happy only for once and Dimitrey was more than happy for that decision of mine, he agreed immediately and...

What did I earn for all the love I had for Nikolai Petrov?

I earned nothing, in fact I only lost, everything, my mother, my sister, my father's love, my mate, because Dimitrey was, is and will always be my mate, my heart and most importantly I lost my son.

He would be the King right now, if he was alive. We would have his coronation, but Petrov had his own plans, like always.

So, it is time for me to take everything in my hands, I should have done it years ago, but back then I had no idea and now I do and nobody is going to stop me from doing the right things. I will put an end, because I am not a weak, coward liar like Petrov.

Allia nods gasping outraged and I narrow my eyes in a desperate try to stop more tears from falling from my eyes. I must not cry now, I will have time to mourn, but first I have to be strong for some more days.

"We can do it, Alena! Only we can and you know it!" she states through her teeth and I groan in agreement.

Yes, only we can, because when it has to do with those we love, especially my son, Dimitrey, Nadia and my mother, we can be twice worse than even the devil himself.