-Chapter 155

-Chapter 155: I Feel You

"I see that you're joining us today, Mari," Aruto says, looking at me as I place my purse down on a table. 

Yep, I'm joining them today because Halo Horizons requested that I come here and work with Hiden Manufacturing. I wouldn't join them otherwise honestly. I have things I want to do on my own, but I'm not allowed to do that on my own right now. 

"Yeah, I am." I nod as Aruto's eyes go down to my bare wrist, which used to have the bracelet Horobi gave me on it.

"What happened to the bracelet?" he asks curiously. I guess he didn't hear about it, so I should give him an answer.

I look away, forcing a smile on my face. "It got destroyed, but it is fine that it did. Life goes on without it you know." I miss that bracelet so much. It was something I cherished a lot.

"Are you sure that it is alright? You really liked that bracelet," Aruto questions. He remembers that still, huh? Of course he does because he loves me so much.

"Who cares about that trashy bracelet?" Isamu asks. "Seriously, it was an ugly one. I could make a better bracelet than that one he gave you." So, he can learn how to make one with ease then?

I look at Isamu as he looks away from me, looking like he's upset. "Isamu, it wasn't a trashy bracelet. That bracelet was a gift from Horobi and it was a sincere gift from his heart to protect me. Horobi gave it to me willingly." I believe that he wanted to make me it in order to keep me out of trouble.

"Mari seems to be a Horobi fan still," a familiar voice says and I turn as Gai enters the room. "Aren't you, Mari?"

"She has a fetish for Humagears it seems," Isamu comments as Kairi appears beside him, tilting her head a bit. He turns his head a bit and he gasps. "When did you get here, Kairi?"

"I got here when you did, sir. Do you not remember?" She blinks.

"My feelings for Horobi aren't because of an fetish. I had no idea he was a Humagear at first and I had already fallen for him at that point. It didn't matter to me to know that he is a Humagear." Our differences don't matter and they never truly mattered. I have no issues with dealing with a Humagear. 

Isamu snickers. "You can't love a terrorist. He's a freak." 

"He didn't decide to be one! The Ark hacked him!" I exclaim, defending Horobi. "I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe he willing wanted that. He wanted to be a father. That is why he has Jin to be his son." Horobi doesn't want to be evil. I know he doesn't. 

Horobi made Jin because he wanted his own son. He craved a son. As a Humagear, he can't naturally have one. He can only build one and that is what he did. The only other thing he can do is adopt, but that isn't legal it seems. Pretty sure they appoint them as guardians if they're Parent-type Humagears and not have them adopt children.

"Mari is really in love with that Humagear, so we shouldn't be talking trash about him in front of her. You're not going to change her opinion on him. So, Aruto, what do you think we should do today?"

"We're going to head out and stop the Ark. With our powers combined, it might be possible." What is this plan, Aruto? It is a plan to become Captain Planet? 

"Not to be a negative person right now, but is that a good idea? What if the Ark beats us?" I ask. The Ark can handle me with ease, but them? They're really easy compared to me.

"It is our only choice. Let's go."

"Fine."

I guess we're going to battle the Ark. I think I should have Abyss join us. She'll be useful in handling the Ark in my opinion. I have my keys and she has her keys.