-Chapter 2

-Chapter 2: On Fire

"It is a pleasure to have you here, Ms. Snow," a man says, looking at me with confidence on his face. Jun Fukuzoe, the Vice President of Hiden Intelligence, shouldn't look so confident. There is a reason why he's not the President of Hiden Intelligence.

I look away from him as the wind blows a bit, my eyes looking at the interesting building before me. It is twisted looking and beautiful. It is seriously breathtaking. I have never seen such a building before in my life.

"The pleasure is indeed yours, Mr. Fukuzoe. I am glad that I can be here to work with you all at Hiden Intelligence to figure out things." I look back at him, pursing my lips as the look of confidence leaves his face. "You can call me by my first name, which is Mari. Also, this is Kairi, my personal HumaGear."

"R-right, M-Mari," he says, sounding flustered. His eyes go to Kairi. "Wo-ah, she looks nothing like a typical assistant type of HumaGear!"

"She's custom made to look how I want her to look." I look Kairi over and roll my eyes. He seriously isn't going to rule over the company if he keeps acting like this. He's easy to boss it seems. Well, maybe not for Aruto.

"Hello, I am Kairi," Kairi tells him, greeting him. "I am her personal HumaGear and I'm not a assistant type of HumaGear. However, it is in my programming to do so if she needs me to."

Jun looks at me, looking a bit surprised. I'm sure my personality has taken him aback. He probably expected some easy to please woman. I'm not easy to please at all and I'm confident in the fact I can possibly get results I want. Of course, it isn't all that much of a huge possibility. We have to think about the impossible possibly happening. Like a HumaGear running some secret organization or taking over the world with a Human ally.

"Please escort me inside now," I order, bossing him around. It feels good to boss him around. He's so a yes-man.

"R-right. Oh, this is my secretary, Shester," Jun tells me as he looks to his side. I look at the snobby looking HumaGear. Seems like she fits in well with him.

"It is nice to meet you, but we should focus on getting inside and not standing out here." I look down at myself and my nice, black dress. Normally I wouldn't wear a dress, but sometimes one has to make a statement about how on fire they are.

Jun nods and moves towards the building, leading the way. I follow him, adjusting my jacket around my body. It is one of those fancy jackets that rich ladies in dramas wear. Of course, I can afford it.

We enter the building and I look around. HumaGears are working hard and so are the Humans. It seems like this is a good place to work in peace and harmony with each other.

"Welcome to Hiden Intelligence. I will take you to meet the President of the company now," a voice says and I turn a bit, eyes landing on a girl with short hair and a HumaGear ear pieces. She seems adorable.

I bow a bit. "Alright take us up."

"I am Izu, the secretary to the President. You must be Mari Snow and her HumaGear partner, Kairi," Izu says, looking at Kairi. She bows, hands over her stomach. "Please follow me."

~.~

I enter the office slowly, heels clicking on the floor, as Kairi follows me. Izu heads towards the front of the room, where a desk is. So, this is the office of the head of Hiden Intelligence? How fitting. He should consider taking the stairs out.

Two people stand up, adjusting their clothes a bit as I stop. They look so professional while the guy near them doesn't. Not that it is a bad thing to not look professional, but one should always dress their best in this setting.