-Chapter 65

-Chapter 65: How Can Someone Be This Way?

I look at Aruto as his eyes look at Gai. Gai pretty much screwed him at the one competition. But what happened after that? Also, I still need to talk to Kairi-yoko at some point. I don't know what name to call her with how her situation is internally. Kiyoko was one resourceful woman.

We had a very interesting day the other day with that situation with Kairi admitting that she is Kiyoko's backup data. I don't know how she managed to do that, but I'm sure I'll get the answers I want eventually. However, this meeting is very important and I should pay attention to it.

"Does she know your age like I do?" Aruto asks Gai, pretty much staring him down. I can pretty much see the hatred sparks between them.

"Age? What does Aruto mean?" I need to know Gai's age? Isn't he around our age? "Isn't he about your age, Aruto?" He looks as young as Aruto to me.

"I haven't informed her of it yet since it wasn't her concern, Aruto. We're here to talk about the next part of the competition, so we shouldn't focus on my age," Gai states, wanting to ignore the age thing and get straight to business. "It doesn't concern her at all."

Aruto's eyes narrow a bit. "Izu, tell his age to Mari and say what you know about him from online." Online? Is their something I don't really know?

I didn't think to look too into him. I did get a file on ZAIA and him, but I never looked that into him when I had the chance to. Did I miss something? I didn't really get the time to get to know this man that well before I married him. 

"Understood, Aruto." Izu steps closer to the table and looks at me, smile on her face. "Gai Amatsu is forty-five years old and was close friends with Aruto's grandfather, Korenosuke Hiden. He went to Starford University after developing in his youth a website called the Thousand Network."

"Forty-five?" I gasp. I'm married to a man of that age? I mean, it isn't a big deal to me how old he really is, but this is a huge shock since he looks so young.

He really looks nothing like that age at all. I guess he just knows how to take care of himself really well. I'm amazed right now and in complete shock!

"You really love getting involved with my business," Gai says, picking up his cup of tea. "Mari, honey, it doesn't matter how old I am, right? You married Allen and he was thirty-eight when you two got together." He knows so much about me and I hardly know anything about him.

I turn my head a bit, my eyes going to Gai, and nod slowly. "R-right, it doesn't matter how old you are to me." But it does matter about his heart. He lacks an actual heart to me and it makes me disgusted that he does.

"I am eternally twenty-four," Gai tells me, smiling softly as he holds his cup up to his face. "And I don't hear any complaints from Mari in the bedroom, Aruto. Nice attempt to low blow me in retaliation for trying to take over your company." Can he blame him for wanting to do so?

"His birthday is on October 10th," Izu states, continuing on with what she was talking about earlier. So, I missed his birthday a long time ago? Should I get him a gift?

His birthday is October 10th, 1974, huh? He has accomplished so much in his young life. He had to become President of ZAIA's Japanese branch not too long ago. Maybe around Daybreak's incident maybe?

"Are you alright, Mari?" Gai asks me, placing an arm around me gently and pulling me closer to his body. Oh, he's so warm.

I blink. "What?" Why is asking about how I am doing right now?

"You were silent for a moment. I thought you got mad at me for not telling you my age. I am truly sorry for not bringing it up, but there wasn't a moment to with our whirlwind romance." He can cut out this bull now if he wants to. No one here likes him.