-Chapter 44

-Chapter 44: It's All Love

"Mari, wake up."

"Let me sleep," I whine, burying my face into the comfy material of the seat I'm on.

"Aruto, is she supposed to be sleeping here?" Isamu asks. "Shouldn't she be doing her job?" I am doing my job and he's making it hard to sleep right now. I was told to go and watch Aruto, which I am somewhat doing.

"I don't have a problem with her sleeping there. She looks happy sleeping like that."

I open my eyes and lean forward a bit, eyes going to Isamu. "Hey, do you always wake women up when they're sleeping? What kind of disrespectful punk goes around ruining the naps of others?"

Isamu looks me over, eyes going wide. "Disrespectful punk? I was just thinking that you would want to do something instead of being curled up on a couch under a coat!"

I scoff, looking away. "You're not disrespectful then? You were just bothering Aruto about me. He was fine with me sleeping here! Why did you have to go and ruin it for me?" I toss my coat off of me and stand up, stretching.

Isamu backs up, gasping. "I think you can nap all you want." He turns away from me as Kairi moves to his side.

"Is there something wrong with you, Isamu?" Kairi asks, tiling her a bit as I put my arms back down at my side. "It appears that something has shaken you up inside."

"I didn't expect to see that much of her," Isamu states, pointing back at me.

Kairi looks at me, eyes looking me over. "It is a dress with a ton of leg showing. Girls tend to wear it in order to look appealing or to impress guys according to my data." She smiles. "I think Mari is wearing it to look sexy enough to guys who find her appealing." Yeah, something like that.

Aruto moves around his desk and pulls off his suit jacket, revealing his under sweatshirt. He stops in front of me and puts it around me, covering up my chest. He smiles, looking happy with himself as he steps back.

"Aruto put something over her in an act of being a gentleman. He does not want guys to creep on Mari. That is what is in my data and I have interpreted this as." Kairi is really something.

Isamu turns to Kairi and points at her. "Are you implying that I am some sort of creep right now? I wouldn't creep on Mari even if she was the last woman alive. I rather creep on you first."

Kairi looks him in the eyes, head tilted still. "I do not understand what you mean by that. Why would you rather creep on me when you hate HumaGears?" She places her hands on her stomach, blinking. Aw...she thinks he hates her.

"I never said I hated you." He turns away, putting his arms over his chest. "I just said I hated other HumaGears. There is nothing wrong with a HumaGear like you who actually does what I want you to do." He does know she does most of what he says because I told her to, right? I do think she might do it even if I didn't.

I look at Aruto and smile. "Should I get going?"

"You wanted to see them so you don't have to go." He points at me. "You can keep the suit jacket. I'll get another one to wear."

I look down at myself, staring at the nearly black suit jacket. "Are you sure about me being allowed to keep this?" I ask. What if Gai questions me for wearing it? I don't want to piss him off and have him send me to prison.

"It looks nice with your dress."

I look back at him as he looks at me. Is he staring into my soul right now? This is certainly new. Horobi has stared into my soul and it felt like he was draining my life force away, but it was kind of sexy. Horobi is handsome so it wasn't really that bad of a thing. But Aruto? It feels like he can see me as me.