Chapter 31

The dinner was going surprisingly smoothly. The blond mother son duo had managed to tone themselves down a little for the night, and no one brought up Izuku's mother. Things were going great, until Izuku's phone rang.

The omega grabbed it out of his pocket, startled by the fact he had forgotten to turn his ringer off for the night. The other dinner guests were to enthralled by their boisterous conversation to even take notice of Izuku.

Kirishima, who wasn't as used to the loud and outgoing family, turned to give Izuku a questioning look.

"Um, it's Shinsou. I should probably take this." Izuku explained.

Kirishima nodded in understanding. "Might want to go out on the porch or upstairs, it's kind of loud down here." He said with a chuckle. Just because Mitsuki and her son weren't screaming profanities at each other doesn't mean they were quiet in the slightest. That's just not who they were.

"I'll just go outside, I don't want to seem like I'm snooping or anything." Izuku told him, his anxieties getting the better of him once again. "I should be back in like five minutes. Tell Kacchan if he even notices." He said with a giggle at his redheaded alpha, who laughed right with him.

Izuku silently slipped away from the table, heading towards the front door while hitting the answer button. "Shinsou? This better be important, I told you about this dinner." He said as he walked outside, shutting the door quietly behind him.

"Midoriya? Where are you right now? Please tell me you're with Kirishima and Bakugou." The purple haired alpha said frantically on the other side of the receiver.

"Huh? Of course I am, I'm at Kacchan's parents house for dinner. I told you that." Izuku said, his tone morphing to one of confusion.

"No, are you with your mates right now? Like are you currently in sight of them?" Shinsou clarified quickly. He sounded out of breath, like he had been running.

Izuku's confusion only grew at that question. "No, I had to step outside to answer your call. Shinsou, what's going on?"

"You need to go back inside, now." Shinsou instructed.

"Tell me what's going on and maybe I'll consider it." Izuku shot back, not liking that the alpha was trying to boss him around without giving him a reason as to why.

Izuku heard a faint growl through the phone, making him roll his eyes.

"Now's not the time for this. You need to get back inside, okay? I was patrolling and got ambushed by the league. They're looking for you, Midoriya. You need to stay with Kirishima and Bakugou." Shinsou said through clenched teeth, really hating how stubborn the omega could be sometimes.

"Wait, what?! Are you okay?" Izuku asked, not paying attention to anything his friend said after the fact he was ambushed.

"I'm fine! But you aren't, you need to stay with your mates." Shinsou said in annoyance. Izuku had the worst self preservation skills he'd ever seen in his life, and he was mates with Kaminari.

"Okay, okay, I'm going. Where're you though?" Izuku asked as he moved back over to the front door.

"Literally running to Bakugou's parents house at the moment." Shinsou explained.

"You shouldn't-" Izuku's line suddenly went dead, his voice cutting off.

Shinsou's breath hitched as he picked up speed. "Midoriya? Mido?! Hello?" He shouted through the phone.

"You just keep causing us problems tonight, don't you Shinsou?" A voice that definitely did not belong to Izuku, said.

Shinsou growled at the unfamiliar person. He could take a guess as to who it was. "Touch him and I kill you." He hissed.