Chapter 26

Kaminari and Shinsou didn't leave until the next day. The omegas weren't exactly keen on being separated again, but eventually they were pried apart.

"We've been off work for a week." Bakugou pointed out after the other two left. It was just him, Kirishima and Izuku all cuddled up on Izuku's bed.

"Did my heat actually last for a full week this time?" Izuku asked him, startled by the revelation.

Both alphas nodded. "My guess is that it was because of all the aphrodisiacs." Kirishima mumbled as he let his head rest on the omega's shoulder.

Izuku was busy thinking about the possibility and absentmindedly brought a hand up to Kirishima's hair, combing through it. "Yeah, that'd make sense."

"We need to go in tomorrow, everyone on our case was out for a week because of you and dunce face's heats." Bakugou groaned, burying his face into the omega's side. Kaminari had been hogging him the past day or two so both alphas were eager for attention.

"Don't call him dunce face, he has a name." Izuku said in an annoyed tone.

Bakugou looked up at him in mild surprise, it wasn't everyday Izuku snapped at him like that. "I know that, but I've called him that since first year." He said slowly, like he was trying to make sure the omega fully understood.

"Well it's mean." Izuku said back.

"Again, I've been calling him that since first year, why is it just now an issue?" Bakugou asked, his brows furrowed as he tried to read the omega.

Izuku sat up with a huff, making Kirishima whine out at the loss of contact for a fight he wasn't even involved in. "It's always been an issue, but now is the only time I've ever been able to tell you and actually have you listen to me!"

Bakugou was watching his omega with calculating eyes. If he didn't know any better, he'd say that the behavior was because he was close to his heat, but he'd just finished it a day prior, so it has nothing to do with it. "Pup, you're adorable, really, but it's just a nickname. I've been calling him it for years, I think he's fine with it."

"But he's not fine with it!" Izuku exclaimed, hitting the alpha's chest. It wasn't hard enough to actually do any damage, but it stung a little bit.

"You never take other people's feelings into account, Kacchan! Kami's been dealing with feeling like a let down and an outsider ever since joining U.A. and your stupid nicknames haven't been helping!" Izuku exposed, glaring harshly at the blond alpha.

All three pros in the room were quiet. Kirishima and Bakugou were completely shocked, having no clue that was how Kaminari truly felt.

Izuku looked uncomfortable with everything he had just shared of his friend. He knew it wasn't his place, but it was hard to sit back and watch his mate belittle one of his closest friends.

The omega wrapped his arms around himself and added in a quiet voice, "You're supposed to be one of his best friends and you don't even realize how much you hurt him every time you talk to him."

Bakugou, even though he had grown a lot since the beginning of high school, was terrible with emotions, his own or other's. He had no idea how to respond to what his omega had just told him or what to do about the situation in general. So instead of responding, he just looked off to the side and tried to ignore.

Izuku looked back up at the alpha after he stayed quiet. The omega let out a sigh when he saw that Bakugou was just intending to do nothing about the problem.

He took it upon himself to coax him in the right direction. The omega wrapped his arms around the alpha, resting his chin on Bakugou's shoulder and looking up at him. "All you have to do is pick a different, less degrading, nickname for him."

He was met with more silence.