Chapter 30

To say Izuku was nervous for dinner at the Bakugou residence would be an understatement. He hadn't seen these people in ten plus years. Even at graduation he purposefully avoided them.

Then he just had to go and get himself mated to their son.

'Real smooth, Izuku.' The omega thought to himself as he pondered what to wear for the night.

Bakugou was showering and Kirishima was relentlessly pacing the kitchen, so he was all on his own. He couldn't stop his mind from wandering and had to pinch his arm every few minutes to bring himself back to the present.

"I'm getting nowhere with this." He mumbled to himself in disappointment. If he couldn't even dress himself for tonight, what were the odds he'd actually manage to last through it?

A voice spoke up behind him, causing Izuku to jump. "What're you so worried about, pup?" Bakugou asked, his voice surprisingly gentle for him, especially since Izuku was just anxious and not having a panic attack.

Izuku took a deep breath as he turned to his mate with a smile. "Nothing, I'm fine. Just wondering what I should wear tonight." He told him, not necessarily lying, but keeping out the fine details.

So yeah, he was lying.

And Bakugou could see right through it. "C'mon, I know you're not on the verge of having a panic attack because you don't know what to wear. You're not raccoon eyes." He said with an eye roll, coaxing out a small chuckle from the antsy omega.

Izuku pulled at a few strands of his hair as he contemplated telling Bakugou the truth of not. He didn't want to worry his alpha with something stupid, but he also knew he wouldn't be able to handle keeping it all to himself. With a long sigh, he spoke up.

"I-I'm just... nervous, I guess." He admitted. "I haven't seen then since before everything happened and I've actually been avoiding them, which will make things kind of awkward if Mitsuki noticed. Your parents, Mitsuki in particular, just have a lot of ties to- to my mom, and I don't know if I'm ready for that yet." Izuku finished, pulling a little harshly at his hair to try and keep himself grounded as he spoke.

The blond alpha was in front of him in a flash, carefully removing his hands before he could do any real damage. He brought Izuku's hands up to his chest, where he still kept a firm grip on them, using himself to ground Izuku instead. "Izuku, pup, like I said yesterday, if you don't think you can handle it, we can put it off. No one, especially my old hag, wants to push you out of your comfort zone like that. Say the word and we cancel."

At that, Izuku shook his head. "No, I need to do this, if not for us than for my mom. She'd be so upset to see that I haven't stayed connected with your mom." He said, leaning into Bakugou's chest.

"Okay, we'll go, but promise you'll say something if it gets to be too much, okay?" Bakugou said, looking down at the small omega in his arms.

Izuku looked up and made eye contact with him, offering a small smile, this one less forced than the last. "Yeah, I will."

Another lie, one Bakugou also saw through, but there wasn't much he could say about it now. When Izuku set his mind to something, he followed through. The alpha couldn't' possibly talk him out of the dinner now.

"Guys! I know you both have this thing about being fashionably late, but I have anxiety, so can we get going?" Kirishima called from the kitchen as he started making his way to his room.

Technically it was more of their room now, but Bakugou and Izuku hadn't officially moved in yet.

Izuku giggled as the redhead walked into the room, Bakugou shifting while rolling his eyes. "It's not fashionably late, I just don't care and usually don't want to go anyway." The alpha said.