Chapter 16

🚫RAPE WARNING🚫

*Meanwhile with Todoroki and Shinsou*

Shinsou was dragging the other alpha along quite roughly, something that didn't go unnoticed by Todoroki. He growled and finally pulled his arm away once they were at the end of the hallway, far enough from the other that they wouldn't hear if they talked in hushed voices.

"What the hell is your problem?" Shinsou hissed at him. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't on Bakugou and Kirishima's side here.

Todoroki dragged a hand through his hair as he clenched his teeth. "I don't know, okay? It's just- seeing them together, it sucks. How would you feel if Kaminari was with someone else?" He asked, letting his hand drop as he looked at the other alpha helplessly.

Shinsou pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. "I'd rip them apart, but that's because I'm actually mated with him. You two slept together once in high school and you've had a crush on him since. That is not the same as Denki and I so don't try to compare them."

"Then think back to before you two mated." Todoroki retried, just wanting someone to understand what he was going through. "Like right before you guys got together and you were just crushing on him. Imagine if he would have gone with a different alpha instead of you. What would you have done then? Sit back quietly while he walked away?" He asked expectantly.

"You wanna know the difference between loving someone and having a crush on them?" Shinsou asked, startling Todoroki by the question. "If you love someone, if you truly and deeply love them, you'd be willing to sit back quietly while they walk away if they're walking away towards their happiness. If back then, Denki would have chosen another alpha, one that made him happier than me, I would have been devastated, sure, but I would have let him go. I wouldn't have tried to be an asshole to either of them. I'd just try to be a good god damn friend."

With that the lavender haired alpha walked away, leaving Todoroki to sit and feel guilty.

Todoroki didn't want to be an asshole to any of them -maybe Bakugou, just a little- he was just hurting. Izuku was one of the first positive things to ever come into his life. The omega was his first everything really. First kiss, first time... first love.

The dual haired alpha just hadn't wanted to give him up yet.

But looking down the hall, to the kitchen where he could see Izuku, Kirishima, and Bakugou, he understood what Shinsou had told him. Izuku looked genuinely happy as he laughed and teased the two alphas. Hell, all three of them looked happier than he'd seen them in a while.

That was all Todoroki had ever wanted, Izuku to be happy. Albeit, he wished it was with him, but somethings just aren't meant to be.

If all Todoroki could ever be was a friend on the sideline, then he'd charish that.

But if Izuku woke up tomorrow and decided that Kirishima and Bakugou weren't what he wanted, you bet your ass Todoroki would be there for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Todoroki came back to the living room, it was awkward to say the least. Bakugou and Kirishima still wanted him gone, but he was staying quiet and Izuku seemed happy that they were all 'getting along', so they left it.

After a little while, they all started to relax and the tension in the room slipped away a little. It helped that Ashido and Sero ended up joining their little get together with alcohol.

"Anyone else still find it weird that we can do this legally now and don't have to sneak it behind Aizawa's back?" Ashido asked as she took a drink of whatever it was she had created in the kitchen.