Chapter 7

The next night, Izuku was stopped on his way out the door. The patrol hours had been shifted around slightly, so now the little group of four were working nights.

"I can't believe you're still going through with this." Uraraka said to him, her arms crossed as she leaned against a wall.

Izuku sighed. He had already dealt with her mom lecture the night before and he really needed to go before he was late for patrol. "Ura, you know that I'm a big kid, I can take care of myself."

"You didn't yesterday, Shinsou had to."

"That was different." Izuku said with a shrug. Uraraka didn't know about his past, so it was fair that she didn't see it as such.

The brunette threw her hands in the air out of frustration. Izuku was one of the most stubborn people she knew and it nearly always came back to bite him in the ass. "How the hell was it any different?" She asked.

"It just was, Ura. I have to go." He said, walking out the door without giving her time to try and argue some more.

"One of these days, Deku. One of these days." She muttered to herself as she went back to her room to continue getting ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Izuku ran up to the group of three that were outside the agency, waiting for him. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry I'm late, Uraraka was fighting with me." He explained once he reached them, slightly out of breath.

"She has a reason to." Bakugou said coolly. He wasn't too fond of the fact that the omega seemed to be throwing his safety around on a whim.

Izuku playfully rolled his eyes at the alpha, lifting his mask to cover his mouth and nose like the previous day. "C'mon Kacchan, don't tell me you're starting to care about me now." He joked.

"As if, Deku. Just siding with round face against you." Bakugou said back with a shrug, but it was all in good nature. The two of them had taken to banter and small jabs after 'patching up' their relationship.

"Ouch, Kacchan. That hurt." Izuku said, holding a hand over his heart as the four of them started walking.

Shinsou was watching the two of them interact, amused at how a little over a year ago they could barely be in the same room together without breaking into a fist fight. "You know, she's probably right." He mentioned offhandedly.

"Yeah, yeah, dad, I know. But I'll be okay for a few more days, so I plan to make the most out of it." Izuku said with a shrug. He knew he'd be down and out for a few days coming, being gone because of his heat was always the worst. It was when he felt the most useless in life.

The four of them kept up to their usual route, a fair way away from the agency building. Technically they were in someone else's district, but they had been given permission, do to the current circumstances.

"I seriously don't like this place." Izuku muttered as they walked down another shady looking road.

Their entire district was a bad part of the city. It was crawling with criminals, ranging from low level to top dogs. The places they passed by gave off bad vibes and the omega had to suppress shivers.

Bakugou rolled his eyes at the green haired pro. "Stop being a pussy, Deku. You've fought actual villains before, one that were actually trying to kill you, and you're telling me you can't handle some dark buildings?"

"It's not that. I'm just saying I don't particularly like working on this side of town. Sue me for having a preference why don't ya." Izuku said back, his arms wrapped around his body as his head swiveled back and forth, making sure there was nothing hiding in the shadows.