Chapter 2

"Are you sure working closely with a group of alphas this close to your heat is a good idea?" Uraraka asked over the phone. Izuku quickly looked around the area to make sure no one had heard her.

He was at his agency building now about to get briefed on his mission, but his best friend had called him worried sick after Kaminari had called her the previous night.

"I really can't talk about this right now. I can call you back later, but right now I have to work." Izuku said in a hushed voice, hoping to get across to her that he couldn't freely talk about this.

"Izuku Midoriya, if you're just doing this to get out of the conversation-"

"Love you, gotta go." Izuku said with a small smile before hanging up the phone.

Just in time for a heavy arm to be slung around his shoulders.

"Midobro! Haven't seen you in a while." Kirishima said with a broad grin. "How've you been?"

Now normally, this type of thing, this type of contact, wouldn't be a problem for Izuku, even when his heat was near. But for some reason, Kirishima's pheromones were damn near suffocating the smaller omega and the fact he could feel the alpha's bulging muscles against his side and over his shoulders only made it worse.

Izuku nearly fell over before he was pulled away from the redhead, still in a daze. He was placed behind someone and then grabbed by another person.

Fingers snapping a few inches from his face and someone saying, "Midoriya! Hey, Mido. C'mon dude, snap out of it," is what finally made him come back to his senses.

Shinsou was glaring down a very confused Kirishima while Kaminari was standing behind his mate with Izuku in his arms trying to ground the poor omega.

"What happened?" Kaminari asked, clearly confused by Izuku's sudden slip. As omegas they had both been put through a lot of pheromone training at UA. Kirishima's mere scent shouldn't have even registered with Izuku, let alone completely bliss him out.

Izuku looked at his friend with wide eyes. "I-I have no idea." He said in a hushed voice, peaking around the side of Shinsou to look at Kirishima.

Kaminari sent him a worried glance, grabbing his arm in order to regain Izuku's full attention. "I don't think you should be a part of this mission. Not now anyways."

Izuku's eyes shot open wide at his words. "What'd you mean? There's absolutely no way I can pass on this. Not only was I asked specifically to help, but I can't just avoid any and all alphas now. I'll be fine, I let my guard down but I promise it won't happen again. Don't worry." He said, walking past Kaminari and trying to defuse the tension between Shinsou and Kirishima.

The blond omega watched him with furrowed brows. "People seem to be telling me that a lot recently, but oh so surprisingly, it doesn't help." He muttered to himself before helping Izuku.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After explaining to Kirishima that he was just feeling a little under the weather and Shinsou was just being a protective older brother type figure, as he often was with Izuku, they were all able to get back to the matter at hand, the briefing.

Kaminari wasn't a part of the mission, but he worked at the same agency and had been around to help Izuku out. He went on a patrol while the others headed to a conference room.

"You seriously need to be more careful." Shinsou whispered to Izuku as they followed behind Kirishima, keeping a decent amount of space between them.

Izuku rolled his eyes, having already expected the lecture he was sure to get. "I know, I slipped up for a second. It won't happen again, promise." He said, but it didn't exactly sound sincere. Izuku wasn't taking the incident seriously.

"Damn it Mido, you're too careless for your own good. One of these days you're gonna do more than 'slip up for a second' and Denki and I aren't gonna be there to save you." Shinsou angrily whispered back, but tried to keep his pheromones under control. Not only would angry alpha pheromones mess with Izuku more than he had already been put through that morning, but it would alert others to the current argument.

Izuku kept his face and voice level as he displayed the picture of calm. "I'm not careless. My hormones are all out of whack this month and I don't know why. I haven't been around any alphas since graduation so I didn't have a clue I would react so strongly. Now that I know, I can focus on keeping them under control, but before I didn't know I needed to. So Shinsou, I'm not careless."

The hidden rage in his words made Shinsou shiver slightly. Izuku was almost always a happy go lucky type of guy, but when he was really pissed off- let's just say it's not pretty.

Shinsou suppressed a growl as he bit back a small, "Fine." He was an alpha, it was in his nature to not enjoy being proven wrong and talked down to, but Izuku was a close friend and he didn't want to fight.

"Are you going to be able to be in a small room with Kirishima and Bakugou's pheromones?" The lavender haired alpha asked after a few seconds of silence. They had both needed it to allow the tension between the two to dissipate.

Izuku gave a brief nod, still keeping his eyes on the redhead in front of them. He was zoned out, totally not watching how his back muscles flexed and relaxed as he walked and moved his arms. Totally not. "I've been through intense training to be able to handle alphas trying to put me into submission. Being around their regular old scent, even in this state, shouldn't be too hard as long as I concentrate and stay calm."

Shinsou finally followed the omega's line of sight and caught onto what he was so intently staring at. "Yeah, because you're clearly the master at concentrating when those two are around." He said with a scoff.

Izuku didn't even seem to notice the bash, just hummed in acknowledgement. Shinsou gaped at him, completely taken off guard with just how gone the omega really was simply because the red haired alpha was shirtless.

"I hope Bakugou's wearing a fucking oversized coat or Midoriya doesn't stand a chance." Shinsou muttered, keeping a close eye on the omega and making sure that he didn't suddenly release his scent or something.

"What the fuck took you guys so long?" Bakugou asked, scowl on his face and his arms crossed. He was leaning against the doorframe of the meeting room they were supposed to talk in.

From the glazed over look in Izuku's eye's and the way he gulped, Shinsou knew that the little greenette was utterly screwed.