Chapter 5

Just as Shinsou predicted, Kaminari didn't leave Izuku's side until the next morning. Even then, they were only able to leave because Izuku insisted on going to work.

"I don't think this is a good idea, Mido. Yesterday was a really close call with everything and I just don't think you should be around any alphas right now with your heat so close and your pheromones so out of control. What if-"

"Oh my gosh, Kami breath." Izuku said with a small chuckle as they neared the entrance to their agency. Izuku grabbed Kaminari's shoulders, squeezing them in reassurance. "I will be just fine. Yesterday I just slipped up because of a bunch of unforeseen instances but now I'm fully prepared to deal with them. But if anything does happen, I'll run right to you or Shin, deal?" He bargained with the other omega.

Kaminari's face was set in a deep frown and he didn't look too convinced. Unfortunately, he knew how much Izuku loved being a pro and helping people. If he was to take time off now, after just graduating not long ago, he'd be crushed. "Fine, but you have to promise me. Anything happens, anything at all, you have to find us, okay?" He said, sounding more serious than Izuku had ever heard him before.

"I promise." Izuku said with a nod and a small smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Izuku wasn't sure what he had been expecting for his first day on this new mission, but it wasn't this. The four of them, Izuku, Shinsou, Kirishima, and Bakugou, had been sent out onto the streets to 'patrol as normal'.

They were supposed to be keeping an eye out for anything suspicious, but not necessarily act on it. They wanted the criminals in the area to think they were dealing with inexperienced fresh meat instead of highly trained pro heroes. If they thought that the pros were lacking, they could relax more and slip up. That was exactly what they needed.

"This is fuckign stupid. That's the fourth guy I've seen that I have grounds to beat the shit out of." Bakugou growled as they watched another person sneak off into an alley after coming out of a convenience store with suspiciously full pockets.

Izuku let out a huff of air, understanding the blond's frustrations, but not to the same extent. "Calm down, Kacchan. They're petty criminals that can't be causing more than a hundred or so dollars in damage. What we're here for is kind of more important." He chastised.

So Izuku had personal interest in taking down an omega trafficking ring, so what? He wouldn't let his own feelings cloud his judgement or get the rest of his team in trouble. He could keep a clear head.

Or at least that's what he was telling himself.

Shinsou on the other hand, wasn't as convinced. Shinsou and Kaminari were the only two, besides a handful of pros that taught at UA, that knew about Izuku's past. After the first sports festival, Izuku and Shinsou became oddly close in a sort of brother relationship. Kaminari had been by Izuku's side since his first day at UA. They were both the only omega's in the whole school, so administration pushed them together. That first year, Kaminari was like Izuku's emotional support omega. He probably wouldn't have survived high school without the electric blond.

"Are you gonna be okay with this?" Shinsou asked in a hushed voice while they were a few paces behind the other two alphas.

"Of course I am. It's been years, Shinsou. If I can't get over it by now, what type of pro am I?" Izuku whispered back, a little offended that his close friend would doubt him.

Shinsou shook his head, grabbing Izuku's arm and pulling him to a halt. "Mido- Izuku, what you went through is more traumatic than anyone should have to live with. No one could blame you if you wanted to sit this one out. They never caught the guys who..." Shinsou trailed off, not wanting to outright say it. "What if it's the same people? What happens then?"

Izuku looked up from where he had been staring at Shinsou's hand grabbing his arm. His eyes were set with hatred and determination, a look the taller alpha didn't see often. The intensity of it almost made him stumble back.

"Then I'll rip them to shreds and finally not have to look over my shoulder in every dark alley. I won't have to sit up late at night and wonder if every little sound is them coming back for me. I won't have to live in a constant state of fear, knowing that they might decide they want me back. I can finally visit my mother's grave and not feel like a complete failure because the people that killed her would be dead." Izuku hissed at him, Shinsou's eyes growing wider as he took in everything the omega had just said.

Shinsou knew he had to approach this situation carefully, but in the end he knew he'd just make it worse no matter what he said. "Midoriya," he started slowly. "You can't just-"

"Like hell I can't!" The small omega snapped, finally gaining the attention of the other two alphas that had nearly gotten to the end of the block without noticing that they were missing half their team.

"If I ever see any of those men again, they're dead on sight. I don't give a damn if they've 'changed their ways' or have a fucking family. I did too, until they killed her and- and...." Izuku couldn't even speak about what he had gone through. Even after years of 'growing' and whatever other nonsense he had to tell people to convince them that he was fine, he wasn't. He was still just as scared and broken as he was when the pros first found him. That would never change.

Shinsou's attention snapped to the two approaching alphas, definitely not wanting them to know what their conversation was about. Izuku would kill him for sure then. In a last ditch effort to try and calm the omega down, Shinsou pulled him into his arms, hugging the slightly shaking Izuku tightly to his chest.

"What the fuck happened?" Bakugou asked, eyeing the two with a foreign look to his eyes. Shinsou was well versed with the blond's usual glares and scowls, but this was definitely new. He wasn't even sure what it meant.

Thinking on the fly of a good excuse that the other two would buy without much convincing, Shinsou shot a glare at Kirishima. "Someone brought up his mom yesterday and he's been a little bit off ever since." He said sarcastically.

He wasn't technically lying. He just wasn't telling the whole truth.

Kirishima's face instantly fell as he put the pieces together, figuring out that it was his fault.

Bakugou slightly growled at the purple haired alpha and took a step in towards him, subconsciously placing himself in between Kirishima and Shinsou. "Stop guilt tripping him for something he accidently did. He had no clue about Deku's mom and he apologized. He's been beating himself up about it ever since yesterday, so give him a fucking break."

"Bakugou," Kirishima said, trying to reign in the hot head a little. "It's fine. I really fucked up and I get why-"

"It was an accident, dumbass." The blond shot back.

"He went to school with Midoriya for how many years? In those years you never say a single trace of a parent, even at graduation. You didn't think it'd be a good idea to avoid the topic all together after that?" Shinsou cut in, wanting to defend Izuku and himself.

The omega, who was more angry now than sad, roughly pushed away from the purple haired alpha and bumped past the other two pros, startling all three of them. "This is ridiculous. Let's just get back to doing our damn job." He said with a scowl as he walked past them and didn't stop to wait.

"Damn, Bakugou. You're rubbing off on the little guy." Kirishima mused as the alphas followed after him.

"Shut it, Shitty Hair." Bakugou said, but it didn't hold the usual heat. He was distracted watching the green haired hero in front of him.

That definitely wasn't a normal reaction for Izuku, Bakugou would know. He had grown up with him after all. Well- until he disappeared off the face of the planet, only to show up at UA on the first day with a million secrets and a dead mom. To this day Bakugou still didn't know how Inko died or where Izuku was all those years.

But he was determined to find out.