DEAD WEIGHT DAD!

"YES IM ON MY WAY, I PROMISE, I'll be there in five," a young Amelia spoke on her phone while she applied her mascara in her bedroom mirror. She slammed the phone back down on the receiver, sprinting down the stairs and grabbing her jacket. "Hey dad, could you drive me to Steve's house?"

Mr Henderson looked up from his newspaper glancing at his daughter. "Shouldn't you be studying?"

"No, my test was last week," she said, lowly as she tried avoiding eye contact with him. He set his newspaper on the table in front of him, taking his glasses off and resting them on his lap.

"Well did you pass?" he asked her, almost expecting a certain answer.

She crossed her arms and shook her head. "No I didn't. I couldnt really concentrate on studying when the sound of you and mom arguing were drowning out my thoughts."

He rolled his eyes, looking over at the TV. "That shouldn't be an excuse, you know I got a call from Mrs Benson to tell me all about that stunt you pulled at school today. Cutting Lavender Fields' hair? Really?"

"Dont act like you care all of a sudden," she spat, clenching her jaw. "For your information, she called me 'fugly' so i made her hair look fugly. It's called karma, maybe one day you'll get some."

"Do you know how embarrassing that is for me? I work for her father," he told her standing up from his chair and walking towards her, a sour expression on his face.

"Of course it has to be about you, do you think I give a flying crab about what her father says or what you say? I mea-" she interrupted with a her fathers hand colliding with her face, she fell at the impact, the sound if a loud smack being the only noise in the house.

"Dont you dare, talk back to me ever again. Know your place. I dont know when you became so disrespectful and horrible but it ends now," he roared at her, practically towering over her as he spoke.

She gribbed her cheek in pain, glaring up at  the man people called her dad. "What can I say? I get it from my father."

"Get to your room if you know what's good for you, and you can forget about going to Steve Harrington's house," he said walking into the kitchen and out of site.

She glared at the spot were he stood before, aalking up to her room and closing the door behind her quietly, afraid of what would happen if she slammed it.

She rushed to her mirror and examined her cheek, noticing the massive red mark in her cheek. She winced as she touched it lightly.

She glanced at her window and back at her door. Her father was most likely going to be in the living room all night so that gave her the perfect opportunity to slip out. She grabbed her pillows and shoved them under her sheets, creating the illusion of someone sleeping there.

She then turned off her light and crept out of her window, leaving it slightly open for her to sneak back in later. She crept down her drain pipe and landed safely on the ground, running to grab her bike and cycling out of her drive way towards Steve Harrington's house.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

When she arrived she ran around the house to the back and climbed up the tree to knock on his window. The window opened to reveal an annoyed Steve Harrington. "Seriously five minutes? It's been twenty Lia? Where were you?"

She said nothing as she climbed through his window and sat in his bed. "Silent treatment? Really? I should be the one giving you the silent treatment. You bailed on me."

She wiped a tear that had rolled down her face and sniffed. "I didnt bail."

He noticed her frowned expression and walked up to her, sitting beside her on the bed. "Amelia, what's wrong?" When she did answer he frowned. "Lia, look at me."

She shook her head, averting her eyes towards the ground. He grabbed her chin, forcing her to turn towards him. She looked up at him as he faced her towards him.

He stared at her face noticing a huge red mark on her left cheek, as well as her puffy red eyes and tear stained cheeks. He clenched his jaw, looking into her eyes. "Did he do this to you?"

She nodded, watching as he let go of her chin and stood up off the bed. "I'm gonna kill him."

"Steve-"

"No, Amelia he's an asshole and he hurt you," Steve said, facing her. She shook her head, trying and failing to stop the tears that leaked down her face.

"Just stay with me? Please," she pleaded him. He looked at her, noticing her state and nodded. Walking over to her and wrapping her in a hug as she cried into his shoulder.

They didn't know how long they stayed like that that night. They just knew that they would always have eachother there and then.