CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

AMELIA HENDERSON SAT at the front if starcourt mall with Max, Lucas and Will, waiting on Mike. He was currently with his girlfriend Eleven, While Dustin was at a summer camp and would be home later on that day.

Amelia was being paid by joyce to watch the kids. She wasnt back on work til later on that day, so she might as well make some extra cash babysitting her brother and his friends.

Amelia had worked as a lifeguard with one of her best friends. When they first met, he beat up her boyfriend. But after he had apologised and promised to stop flirting with the girl they became good friends. Yep, they guy shes talking about is Billy Hargrove.

If you'd have told Amelia that about a year ago that shed be good friends with Billy, she wouldn't believe you. I mean she hated the guy. But when you look past the doucheness and the mullet, he can be a very good listener.

Mike's bike pulled up and he got off of it and hung it on the bike racks. "Hey guys," Lucas looked at him. "Wow look who showed up, at this rate were gonna miss the movie."

When they realised the time, they started running towards the cinema but suddenly ran past it and to an ice cream place named Scoops Ahoy. They ran inside and rang the bell. A girl that Amelia became friends with named Robin, gave the kids a look.

"Steve! Your husband and kids are here!"

Steve walked from the back room. "Again?" He sighed and beckoned the kids in. He let them out the back door. "And if anyone hears about this-"

"We're dead."

Amelia chuckled. She went to go follow them, but Steve grabbed her waist and spun her round. "Hey I missed you," he said hugging her tightly. She hugged back.

"I missed you too," They had both been working lately and hadn't seen eachother in a while. Steve kissed her lightly.

"So, I was thinking we could hang out tonight?" Steve asked the girl still holding onto her.

She sighed. "Steve, you know I have work tonight."

"Yeah I know, but your always at work. I feel like I never see you anymore. Hell, Billy sees you more than me."

She chuckled at his jealousy. "I know but your working too. Tell you what, tomorrow is my day off. I'll come down and hang out with you all day."

He smiled. "You know that means I'm gonna get very distracted at work, right?"

She smirked. "That's what I do, Harrington."

She pecked him lightly before breaking from his hold. "Alright I'm gonna miss the movie if I dont go now."

Steve grabbed her again. "Well you can miss the movie and I can miss my shift, if you know what I mean."

"Steve!"

She broke from him and walked out the door. But not before saying a quick goodbye.

♡♡♡♡♡

When the movie ended, they went back to her house and got ready for Dustin to come home. They had brought Eleven over to welcome him aswell. El made dustins toys move telepathitcally and he followed them, holding hairspray for protection. They all walked up behind him and held up a banner that says:

Welcome home Dustin!!

Max counted to three and they all blew their streamers. Dustin turned around and screamed, spray hairspray in Lucas's eyes.

After they got him sorted Amelia gave Dustin a hug. "Sorry I have to leave for work now, but I wanted to be here when you got home."

He grinned. "Thanks Lia."

She smiled and walked out, saying a quick goodbye to all the kids. She drove to work and got changed into her red swimsuit, whistle and safety pack. She walked out to see Billy was already on the life guard stand. She walked up to him. He smirked.

"You're late Henderson."

"Sorry Billy, Had places to go and people to see, dont take it personally. "

He chuckled and walked over to her pulling her into a hug. She could feel the women behind her glaring at her. All the older women fawned over Billy and he enjoyed it. Amelia would lose count on how many times he would flirt with Mrs Wheeler.

Amelia and Billy chatted for a while but kept a look out. Pools in the summer were always packed. So it meant she earned a good bit of cash a week for sitting In a chair doing nothing but talk to her best friend.

"So hows Harrington? Still working st the ice cream place in the mall?" Billy teased her, smirking slightly."

"Leave him alone asshole, hes trying to pay for college," she said, shoving him playfully. He stuck his hands out in the air.

"I'm not judging, you should tell him to work here, the view is amazing," he said. She scrunched up her nose at him.

"Just because you want to bang Mrs Wheeler, doesn't mean you have to say it out loud," she said, grabbing her sun block and applying it on her arm.

Billy looked at her. She didnt know that he was talking about her, not Mrs Wheeler. Billy was still madly inlove with Amelia, and he'd be damned if she ever found out.

So he played along. "You're just jealous," he said, rubbing in a bit of sun block that Amelia left out.

She scoffed. "You wish."

He did.

When Amelia saw Billy still had his hand on her arm, rubbing it in circles, she looked up at him. He looked from her arm to her eyes. He stopped when their eyes met.

His eyes bore into hers as he swiftly glances down at her lips before immediately locking eyes with her again. She smiled. "Thanks."

He nodded his head, clearing his throat and looking back at the pool. She looked at him, squinting her eyes, almost studying him before glancing back at the pool.

What the hell was that?

♡♡♡♡♡

When Amelia came home she found Dustin on the couch, covered in musketeer wrappers and chocolate around his mouth.

"You ate your supply of musketeer bars? What happened?" She asked him in worry, dropping her bag down and sitting next to him.

"Everyone just blew me off so they can make out, wait til they see my new girlfriend." Dustin stated proudly, crossing his arms over his chest.

Her eyes widened. "Girlfriend? What's her name."

"Well she called Suzie, shes as smart as einstien and as hot as phoebe cates."

Amelia quirked an eyebrow not really believing that suzie was real.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah shes so cool," Dustin said in awe, smiling at himself. Amelia smiled at him.

"Well when will I get to meet this girl?" She asked him, smirking slightly.

"When she answers my radio signals. She lives in Utah so it's long distance. But uh, I have to tell you something, when me and the party were hanging out earlier, we found something, and I dont think its good."

♡♡♡♡♡