CHAPTER SIXTEEN

AMELIA HENDERSON DROVE AS FAST as she could, but caring about her surroundings. Max sat in the front seat telling her the directions to the tunnels, while the boys were crushed in the back with Steve sprawled across all of them.

Steve woke up and looked at Mike. "Nancy?" Mike gave him a look as Steve went to touch his face before being dropped by all the boys. Dustin spoke up.

"Hey buddy, you put up a good fight, he kicked your ass but I'm proud of you." Steve looked into the front to see Amelia driving 50 miles per hour.

He sat up and looked around, starting to freak out. "Hey don't worry shes driven before." Lucas said. Mike spoke up. "Yeah, on a race track by the look of it!"

"Pipe it Wheeler!" The driver muttered. When they arrived the car immediately jolted into a stop. Amelia sighed. "You guys ok?" They all shrugged.

"No," Steve replied.

They all got out of the car and went to the trunk, grabbing goggles and bandanas, along with torches. Steve hot out of the car. "What are you guys doing?" They ignored him. "Hello? Amelia why are we hear? What happened to keeping the kids away from danger?!?" She sighed.

"C'mon Steve, you promised Nance we'd keep them save" she threw a back-pack at him. "So let's keep them safe."

Steve sighed, knowing he couldn't argue with the girl. He grabbed his stuff and put it on. They all walked up to the front of the car. The hole was still dug up and Steve went down first, helping each kid get down, one by one.

Amelia jumped down the hole as Steve caught her and set her down. She patted his shoulder.

Mike had a map leading the way. "I think it's this way," he spoke up. "You think or you know?" Lucas asked. "I know, and if you follow me you'll find out."

Steve turned to look at them. "Nope, not happening, were not gonna get lost down here because of you," he grapped Amelia's hand, taking her to the front of the line. "From now on were leading the way. "

"Oh goody, mom and dad," Max cheered sarcastically, handing Amelia the map after snatching it from Mike. Steve turned to give her a look before Max shrugged his shoulders. "For the record, Amelia's the dad."

Steve scoffed and turned back to the front, noticing Amelia try to disguise her laughter by looking down at the map. "Whatever, Maxine." After what felt like hours of walking down the slimy tunnel Amelia hated to relive, they ended up at this area in the tunnels where split off into other tunnels leading all around Hawkins.

Amelia sighed. "Well Wheeler, I think we found your hub."

They started cover the place with gasoline before eventually running out. Steve held the lighter in his hand. "Do it Steve!" Dustin yelled at him. Steve sighed flicking the lighter on. Before dropping the lighter he said.

"I'm in such deep shit."

They started to run back to the hole were they came from until Mike tripped. A slug creature came and started tugging on his leg, not letting him get away. Mike screamed. Amelia turned around and saw him, reaching for his hand as her and Lucas tried to tug him but it was no use. "Steve!

Steve immediately came running to her aid and saw the slug. He grabbed his bat and hit it until it let go of Mike. Amelia pulled him to his feet and they all started running until they saw a demogorgon infront of them.

It growled at them before Dustin quickly realised it was dart. He walked infront of all of them. Amelia tugged onto Steve shirt with one hand and the other on Dustin's shoulder. He walked up to the monster.

"Hey buddy, you gonna let us past?" It growled. He sighed. "Yeah, I know my sister threw you in our basement. That was a pretty bitchy thing to do. But she's sorry. Here, you hungry?"

Dustin pulled out a musketeers bar and fed it to the monster. He beckoned for the rest to walk past them. When they all got past, Dustin walked around the creature before sighing. "Bye buddy."

They all ran until they got to the hole and Steve and Amelia pulled every child up one by one. Amelia finally pulled Dustin out of the hole before she heard growling. Her heart stopped as she turned to look at Steve. "Amelia, get up now!" She shook her head. "I'm not leaving you here," she replied. As the growling got closer she turned to look at Steve.

"Alright, if we're dying i'm doing this now," He mumbled, as he turned to the confused girl. "I really like you, Lia. In fact, I've liked you since way before Nancy and I know you think that this is all just to get over her but it's not because I never even wanted to be with her in the first place! I wanted you!"

Amelia paused as she heard the demogorgans grow closer and knew she had to face her feelings now. "I want you too, you brave idiot."

He looked at her, blinking in shock. "Wait, really?"

She nodded, before letting at a breathy laugh. "But now it doesnt even matter cause were gonna die!"

Before Steve could answer her, the growling became closer. They both held their bats up ready to go down fighting. Steve pushed Amelia behind him slightly. As the demo dogs came towards them Amelia squinted her eyes, ready for the impact. When nothing came, she opened her eyes to see the creatures running past her and Steve.

He pulled her close to her body to avoid her falling. When they demodogs passed, he pulled apart from her.

When they looked at eachother, Amelia pulled her goggles and bandana off, Steve doing the same. She put her arms around his neck and pulled him towards her and kissed him passionately. He immediately kissed back, putting his hands on her waist.

They were about to kiss again when they heard gagging. They looked up, completely forgetting that the kids were there.

"Dude, that's my sister!"

They all let out a laugh, as Steve pulled Amelia in for a hug, not wanting to kiss her infront of the kids again Then it hit them

They just saved the world. Again.

♡♡♡♡♡