CHAPTER FIVE

TERRIFYING IS ONE WORD TO DESCRIBE how Amelia felt as she frantically searched the way out of this hell. Just as she was slowly giving up, a hand reached out and grabbed her, covering her mouth to muffle the scream she let out.

She made eye contact with her saviour and her eyes softened as she helplessly gazed into Nancy's. Nancy removed her hand from the girl's mouth, but still held them both tightly against the tree. "I told you to wait," Amelia whispered, her hands shaking slightly as she held onto the slimy tree for support.

"If you die, I die," Nancy murmured, giving the girl a hopeful look before pointing to the tree next to them. "The way out is there, we just have to be quiet."

Amelia nodded before turning towards their getaway and listening out for the monster. When the shrieking started to fade away, the two girls grabbed each others hands and slowly crept towards the three and around it to the hole.

As Nancy knelt down to the tree, hearing Jonathan on the other end, Amelia frantically searched for the monster thought it was nowhere to be found.

Amelia wasn't so sure that was a good thing.

Nancy gestured for Amelia to go first but the girl shook her head. "I got you in here, so go."

"Amelia-"

"Nancy go," the girl pleaded, and Nancy decided that the more they stood and argued, the greater the chance of death would be. So, the Wheeler girl just nodded and began to crawl back through the hole. Amelia gave her a push to make her go quicker, before Jonathan successfully pulled her back to safety.

Amelia then knelt down and began to crawl through, but she didn't make it far when a tentacle wrapped around her leg and dragged her away from the tree that was slowly closing the gate to freedom.

The girl let out a screech and she gripped the ground floor in an attempt to free herself. The vine flipped her over on her back and Amelia's heart leapt into her stomach when she seen the monster loom over her. The vine then wrapped tightly around her neck, choking her into place.

"AMELIA." the faint cries of her friends called out, though she couldn't answer.

She whimpered slightly as it leaned down menacingly and growled slightly. It let out a weird screech before roaring in her face, showing off his full set of sharp teeth and as Amelia's vision turned blurry from the lack of air, she truly believed this was it.

In a finally desperate attempt to save herself, she reached into her pocket and tried searching for her knife. Unable to find it, she settled for her lighter and quickly held the small flame up to the monster.

Surprisingly enough, just before the monster could rip into her face for dinner, it screeched and backed off from the lighter. Amelia then reached up the the tentacle around her neck and attempted to use the lighter to burn it, which seemed to loosen its grip enough for her to pulled it off.

She quickly gasped for air before standing up with the lighter. The monster watched her light it again, and watched curiously as she held it up. "Yeah? You like that asshole!"

It screeched once more as Amelia slowly walked back towards the tree. The monster tried getting closer but every time it did Amelia would threaten it with the tiny bit of fire in her hand.

Then, in a flash, the girl quickly dropped to her knees and began to crawl through the whole that was closing. The arm that was held out to her quickly dragged her back through and Amelia was suddenly back in her own world.

She had no time to take in her surroundings before she was wrapped into a tight group hug from Nancy and Jonathan. Her quick breaths slowly slowed down as she hugged them back, tears spilling out of her eyes.